□26 (Part 2)

Kareem excused himself from the table as his phone rang and Stan flashed across the screen. He walked out the restaurant and answered.

"Wassup Stan"

"Hey Kareem, I'm having this business get together at my place tonight and was wondering if you'd like to come? A few of my colleagues will be here and are looking for someone who can handle the pressure of being part owner of a new construction project"

"And you thought of me?" He mumbled.

"Yea, I did. Is that a yes? This offer is a once in a lifetime opportunity"

"I don't think I'm comin man. My womans birthday is today and I planned the day around her"

"Well ask her what she thinks and let me know"

"Iight bet" he hung up the phone and walked back inside, taking a seat by Sage. She looked over at him "It was Stan"

"What happen? "

"He want us to come to his place for this business shit he havin. One of his friends lookin for someone to partner up with for this new construction company"

"Babe, that's really good. I think we should go"

"Its your birthday an-"

"And I've had the best day ever. And I think this will be a good thing for you"

"So you don't mind goin?"

"Not at all baby"

Kareem sent Stan a quick message before getting one back.

It starts at 8. See u there

"Its at 8"

"Ok, you wanna leave now? "

" its all up to you baby"

Sage stood up and grabbed his hand "I wanna thank all y'all for coming and spending my birthday with me. But me and Kareem have somewhere to be" she said.

"Thanks fine sweetie, hopefully we'll see you again" Grandma Mae smiled as they hugged. Withing the next 2 hours, Sage and Kareem stood in front of Stans front door.

Kareem knocked on the door and Stan opened it. He had a confused look on his face "Hey you two. Your here early"

"You said 8" Kareem checked his phone "And its 8:24"

"My bad, I meant 9. But you're already here so come on in" He stepped aside and allowed Kareem to walk in with Sage holding his hand.

They followed the hall until they were in the living room. "Kareem, can I talk to you alone for a second?"

Kareem looked at Sage "Its ok babe, where's your bathroom? " she asked.

"Down the hall, last door on the right"

She walked off and down the long hallway. When she stood in front of the last door on the right, she opened the door. There was a light coming from the back and she followed it, walking into the bathroom.

She didn't really need to use it, just wanted to give the men some alone time. So she paced slowly for a little bit, looked at her appearance, took a few pictures and played candy crush before walking out the bathroom.

She walked towards the room door and stopped dead in her tracks when she heard a click behind her.

"Turn around" the voice said. Sage slowly did as told and Kennedy smiled when he saw the expression on her face. "How are you Sage? Its nice to finally see you again"

Quickly, she turned and ran out the room, yelling for Kareem. She was roughly pushed up against the wall, her head hitting it hard as Kennedy pushed himself against her.

"I woulda shot you, but I got bigger plans" he roughly grabbed her hair "But try that again, and those plans will turn into new ones"

With the grip still on her hair, he made her walk in front of him towards the basement. The light flicked on and Kareem, Joyce and Martin were all kneeling down, hands and feet tied up with their mouths taped.

"What a-"

"Shut up bitch" He roughly pushed her to the ground and pointed the gun at her. "I waited so long for this moment Sage"

"Why are you doing this?" She mumbled, slowly backing away from him.

"I thought it was obvious. I want that money your bitch ass dad left for you"

"What money? "

He kicked her in her face, her head flying towards the concrete ground. Kareem mumbled through the tape, trying to fight through the tape "Don't play dumb. You know what money" a smile fell on his lips "I forgot. This is like a family reunion, ain't it? We got the uncle in here as well"

Sage stayed quiet as she whimpered in pain, lifting her head up.

"Let's play a game" Kennedy stated "I hate liars, so I'll ask a question. If you lie, one of them dies"

"They have nothing to do with this Kennedy, just let them go. Me and you can handle this alone" Sage mumbled, her head pounding in pain.

Her vision was blurry as she tried to stand up but fell back down. She groaned in pain.

She could hear mumbling from behind her, knowing it was Kareem. She tried crawling back to him until she felt Kennedy kick her in her stomach.

He kicked her again and again and again, until she wasn't moving. All that could be heard was her crying and begging for him to stop.

"You know what, this lil plan I had. I don't even wanna go through with it. All I need to say is, you're the reason why all these things happened. You're the reason Jamie killed your momma, you're reason she was addicted to drugs, your the reason Tyreke is dead. " he sighed, before smiling a little "All your momma had to do was abort you, and things wouldn't have ended like this"

He raised his gun at her just as the basement door was kicked down and FBI agents rushed in. They screamed at Kennedy to put his weapon down.

"Drop the gun, now" the agents yelled. Kennedy turned towards the agents with his gun still drawn, and bullets were sent his way.

He was torn apart with the bullets as his body dropped to the ground, beside Sage. She stared into his cold, dead eyes before feeling her body gently being put on a stretcher.

The agents untied Kareem, his mom and Martin just as Stan walked into the room with a bulletproof vest on that had FBI across it.

He approached Kareem "Sorry It had to happen this way, we just needed a more direct confession. No hard feelings?" He put his hand out and Kareem walked away.

He looked calm on the outside, but on the inside he was livid. Sage was being rushed to the hospital, because the FBI needed a more direct confession?

His mom was tied up because they needed a more direct confession?

He quickly jogged to his car and sped down to the hospital. The only person on his mind at the moment was Sage.

He needed her to be ok.

That's all he kept repeating to himself "Just be ok" he mumbled.

------------

Thoughts? ?...

#HoldMyNuts #MyThuggas

- Mz. Thugga