CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN - KNOCKING ON HEAVEN'S DOOR.

YEARS AGO

"Okay, Sakura push!" Karin encouraged, stressed that Sasuke had randomly knocked on her door to have her aid on his wife's pregnancy; if it had been anyone else, the red-haired lady would've denied to help, but Sasuke had been a close friend to her, and Sakura saved her time ago, it was the least she could do.

Sarada was easy to push out, but Sakura had been tired, exhausted to push Suiren, and scared, Sakura sharply breathed through her teeth. "Come on Sakura, you can do this," Karin encouraged after she passed the older twin to Sasuke, Sasuke who had stood wide-eyed as he watched his wife get on her knees.

"I don't think that is a good idea," Sasuke stated as Sarada quietly rested in her father's arm.

As she shook her head, Karin briefly turned to look at the new father. "Sometimes sitting up while giving birth is better for the woman," Karin informed and as he anxiously nodded his head, Sasuke looked down at his oldest daughter who had begun to softly cry. He was terrified, this was all new to him, he was scared for Sakura, scared for Suiren and had questioned if what the cloaked woman they had met months ago was correct.

While she had cried, Sakura struggled out a scream fore she started to push out Suiren, her body and soul in pain as she dug her fingers into her skin, her mind distant as all she had focused on was to have the last child out of her. As Karin's voice was blocked out of her mind, Sakura had felt tremendous relief when Suiren slipped out of her, but instead of hearing congratulations, she had felt and heard the entire room fall silent.

With a deep sigh, Sakura peeled her eyes open to see what had been happening, her skin had been so sweaty, she had been aware of the pain and exhaustion of pregnancy as she had delivered other children in the past, but to go through it herself, had been an entirely different, steeply different.

As she looked down at Suiren she had noticed the umbilical cord around her youngest daughter's neck, and how blue she had been. Awfully blue.

With wide eyes, Sakura looked at her husband, she hadn't been aware that she had already been crying, but her body shook, as if she were about to break out into a panic attack.

Apologetic, Karin's sight moved to the deceased baby then to Sakura. "I'm so sorry," Karin whispered just as she reached to hold Sakura's shoulder, the pink-haired woman immediately dodged her touch, while she shook her head, Sakura sulked.

"No," Sakura whispered in denial. "I'm not going to let this happen!" She snapped before she unwrapped the cord around Suiren's neck, then moved her palms against Suiren's body, panicked, Sakura uttered words in relation to the cloaked woman, spoke about how she had been correct and how they should've listened to her.

As he passed Sarada to Karin, Sasuke moved to Sakura in attempt to calm her down, but the grief she had felt had been the grief he had carried, to lose someone again. She had blocked everyone out, the worried and struggled statements both Karin and Sasuke were throwing at her, and as much as she breathed in and out of her mouth, Sakura had panicked, though she hadn't allowed it to stop her.