Part Twenty-Four - Final Part

•••

When Jessica sees Scott and me together, the room is thick with tension. Her eyes go wide, and her mouth opens slightly in shock.

She finally finds her voice, though it trembles. "You're... you're together?" She glances between Scott and me, her expression shifting from confusion to hurt.

Scott stands his ground, his face serious. "Jessica, I didn't mean to keep this from you. I didn't know how to tell you. But I love Zayn, and he loves me."

Jessica's shoulders droop as she processes the betrayal. "You both knew how I felt about Scott. And now you're telling me this?" Her voice cracks, and tears start to form in her eyes.

Scott takes a step toward her, his voice soft. "Please, Jessica, let's talk about this. I want to make things right."

I add, "we both do. We didn't want to hurt you. We need to figure out how to move forward."

Jessica takes a deep breath, her eyes locked on mine. "I need time to think. I can't process this all at once."

Scott's eyes narrow, his stance rigid. "No, there's no time to think this through," he insists. I try to interject, but he cuts me off. "It's not fair to Zayn. He didn't know you were sleeping with his boyfriend, and you forced me to keep it a secret."

Jessica's face goes slack. Tears pool in her eyes as she shifts between Scott and me. The betrayal stings sharper than I expect. She's my sister, yet she's stabbed me in the back while smiling in my face. How can I ever trust her again?

"Zayn..." Her voice quivers as she tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I was going to tell you. I just didn't know how or when..."

"Stop lying," Scott snaps. "That's not what you said. You said—"

Jessica's hand flies through the air before Scott can finish. The slap lands with a resounding crack, her fingers leaving a red mark on his cheek.

Scott recoils from the slap, his face flushed with a mix of pain and shock. I watch as his hand instinctively moves to his cheek, his eyes wide and hurt. He opens his mouth, but no words come out.

Jessica's face contorts with a mix of anger and regret. "I didn't want to hurt you, Zayn," she says, her voice cracking. "I was just scared of how you'd react."

I take a deep breath, trying to steady the whirlwind of emotions churning inside me. "Scared?" I manage to say, my voice trembling. "You thought it was okay to betray me and keep it from me?"

Jessica's eyes dart around the room, desperate for an escape. "I never meant for any of this to happen. I wanted to tell you, but I didn't know how."

Scott shakes his head, his voice low but steady. "It's too late for apologies, Jessica. Zayn deserves more than excuses."

I nod slowly, feeling the weight of Scott's words. I don't want to be angry, but the betrayal cuts deep. "I need some space," I say, turning away from her. "I need to think."

As I walk toward the door, I hear Jessica's muffled sobs behind me. Scott remains silent, his eyes fixed on the floor. I leave the room, the pain and confusion swirling around me like a storm I can't escape.