13 - Helpful Leaf

Usually, the day would start off normal..., not today. Pigsy had asked you to create an online advertisement for the Noodle Shop. At the moment, you were in the apartment above the restaurant, trying to soothe your aching body to some home remedies.

Earlier, you had stared at the scars you obtained from previous battles, feeling a burn pulsing through your scarred upper chest. At first, it was just a mild discomfort, but the heat escalated, spreading to your cold nape. You couldn't hold back a pained scream and ran into the bathroom.

Bystanders outside flinched, gazing over at the Noodle Shop. Pigsy, hearing a loud thudding above, rushed to check on you. He found the door open and stood in the small, flooded hallway. Standing near the bathroom door, he knocked. "(Y/n), are you alright in there?" He called out.

You sat in the flooded bathtub, trying to alleviate the burning sensation. Your head leaned against the wall; your face contorted in pain. The burn persisted, and the knock on the door continued...

After the intense heat subsided, you changed out your wet clothes, greeted by a questionable gaze from the chef pig. You dry mopped the floor to prevent any vile scent from lingering. When Pigsy questioned you, you said you were feeling tired. He offered you a day off, you rubbed your warm nape, and replied, "You gave me a few days off before. I don't need it."

Pigsy sighed, "If you ain't down in the shop in less than twenty minutes, you won't be working for the entire week. Especially with what Mk told everyone, you need it." He gazed at your tired eyes. "If you can still do the advertisement, I'll be downstairs." With that, he walked out of the apartment and returned to the shop. 

_____

Down in the Noodle Shop, Sandy the blue giant sat at a table across Cicada-Yum-Yum... Tang. You entered the shop, sipping an energy drink. Tang looked over at you, "You're quite the professional upstairs neighbor." He scanned your face, lifting a bowl of noodles to eat. "You look like you hadn't got any sleep."

Your eye twitched. "Because I haven't." You yawned out, tears puckered your eyes. Sandy sitting across Tang says, "What you need, my friend, is some sleepy-time tea."

"I guess." You said, rubbing your eyes and taking a sip of the energy drink again.

Pigsy walked out of the kitchen, a broad smile spreading across his face as he spotted you. "Are you ready?" He asked, rubbing his hand into a small towel.

You placed the can down on a table, feeling eager. You glanced at Sandy then looked at Pigsy. "You might need to make a few bowls of noodles. Don't worry, I'll cover the cost."

Tang who already finished his bowl of noodles turned to you with wide eyes. "Oooo, could I join?" He pleaded.

"The more people in on this, the more convincing it will be." You said, feeling a surge of energy.

_____

An earthquake shook the streets as Mei and Mk strolled towards the Noodle Shop. Mk tried covering his mouth, but a forceful hiccup erupted, shaking buildings in his range.

The two best friends arrived at the front of the shop now crowded with spectators. Mk clamped his hand over his mouth while Mei stood by his side. They watched you dance with three sets of platters balancing on your head and shoulders.

Pigsy observed through the shop's window, smirking at his rival across the pink neon road. A hog, running the blue restaurant glared from his window. Tang sat outside near the window of the Noodle shop. "You know, this is a bad idea." Tang said, getting up from his seat, ready to catch any bowls that might fall.