Dancing in the Rain

The warm summer afternoon was perfect for playing outside. Six-year-old Rainbow Dash and Applejack were inseparable friends, always finding new adventures around the Apple family farm. Today, they were running through the orchards, playing tag among the apple trees, their laughter filling the air.

Rainbow Dash, with her vibrant rainbow-colored hair and boundless energy, darted through the rows of trees, her laughter echoing through the air. Applejack, her blonde hair tied back with a red ribbon, chased after her, determined to catch her friend. "Betcha can't catch me, AJ!" Rainbow called out excitedly as she dashed ahead. "Ya think so?" Applejack replied with a grin, her stetson bobbing on her head picking up speed.

They ran and played when suddenly dark clouds rolled in, and the first raindrops began to fall from the dark grey sky. Applejack glanced up, concern etched on her young face. "Uh-oh, it's rainin'!" She exclaimed, then dashed to the nearest apple tree to take shelter under its thick branches for cover.

"Dash, it's rainin'! Come on, get under here!" Aj called out but Dash, on the other hand, looked up at the sky with a wide grin. "So what? It's just rain!" She spread her arms wide before stepping on puddles and mud, her laughter ringing out. "Come on, AJ! It's fun!" She called out. Applejack hesitated, biting her lip as the rain started coming down harder, and she shivered slightly under the tree and watched Rainbow Dash have fun in the rain. "Ah dunno, Dash," She stated.

"It'll be awesome! Trust me," Rainbow said softly at the end and extended her hand towards Applejack wanting her to accept it, Applejack bit her lip, but her heart skipped a beat at the sight of Dash's warm smile and the sheer joy on her face made her blush. She felt a blush creep upon her cheeks, gathering her courage she stepped out from under the tree and took Rainbow's hand.

As soon as she did, Rainbow pulled her into the rain, laughing. "See? Told you it was fun!" Dash said as the two were spinning and splashing in puddles. Soon the two girls danced with an effortless synchrony, each spin and step accentuated by the rain. Rainbow spun Applejack around, their laughter ringing out.  Aj responded with a graceful twirl. The rain drenched them both, but it only seemed to add to the exhilaration of the moment.

Dash pulled Applejack close, their bodies pressing together as they danced slowly. They swayed in each other's arms, their movements now tender. Rainbow's hands rested on Applejack's lower back, pulling her in as they shared a soft, gentle rhythm. The rain drummed softly on their shoulders and heads, a soothing background to their close embrace.

The cowgirl rested her hand on Dash's shoulder, her breath mingling with the mist of the rain. They moved in perfect harmony, their hearts beating in sync with the storm's rhythm. The world seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of them, wrapped in the embrace of the rain and each other.

As the storm continued to rage, the girls' dance became a beautiful expression of their connection. The rain might have been pouring, but Rainbow Dash and Applejack, held onto each other tightly, their friendship growing even stronger in that moment.

Years later, Rainbow Dash and Applejack were in college, their bond still strong as ever. "Ugh," Rainbow groaned as she was busy on her laptop doing schoolwork on her desk. "What's wrong sugar cube?" Applejack asked as the two were in Dash's room.

Since the two attended the same college, they had gotten a dorm together that way they could be close to the school. The one thing that bothers the two girls however is the fact that they are both head over heels for each other but are too scared to make a move.

"This problem is really taking the energy from me. I need a break soon," Dash said as Aj walked over and saw she was doing math homework. "Rainbow there's only one math problem left and then you're done. Tell you what, how about after you finish this problem me and you can go get some coffee at that coffee shop that's nearby. Does that sound fair?"Applejack asked as Rainbow thought it over.