Chapter Twenty Eight

Daryl's perspective

I haven't heard anything from Kata or seen her since yesterday. After she left the room, I decided for the safety of Kata, to move our camp far away from the rest. I needed the space from the group so Kata doesn't get nervous every second with Shane around.  I knew it was random and I should have told her but everyone knew where I went, so if she was looking for me, she could've simply asked where I was. I thought she would come over to change clothes maybe, or to check in with me, but nothing. I groaned, grabbing my bow before walking to the camp, trying to spot her around everyone, but nothing. No Kata amongst the others.

" Has anyone seen Kata?" I asked, coming towards the group. " I haven't seen her since she woke up and that was yesterday. I thought she might have slept over here last night because it's a long walk or some bullshit excuse I made up in my head but I haven't seen her."

" I haven't seen her since yesterday," Dale said.

" Shit!" I yelled. " Where the hell did she go?"

" She's around here somewhere, she must be," Maggie said.

" I don't think I've seen her since yesterday," Carol said. " She didn't come to dinner or anything. I thought she was asleep in your tent when I came by last night," she added.

" No one has seen Kata since yesterday? Really?" I asked. " Where the hell did she go?"

" Wait, when did she wake up yesterday?" Andrea asked.

" I don't know. Sometime after the barn. Two, maybe three."

" Right around the time Glenn and Rick said they were going out to look for Hershel. What if she heard and followed them to help get Hershel back?"

" I talked to Rick before they left, we were right by the car and didn't notice anyone come," Dale said.

" She knows how to sneak in and out of places. It's a possibility that she got into the car before anyone noticed it," I explained.

" A group is about to go look for them in town. You should come to see if she's with them," T-Dog said and I nodded.

" Yeah, I'll join. Let me grab my shit," I answered.

I groaned as I turned around, needing to get to my bike but I heard the car pull up. I turned and saw the car coming down the driveway. Rick was driving with Hershel in the front seat. Once the car stopped, both Rick and Hershel got out of the car I tried looking from the front window, seeing if I could see her in the back, but nothing. The back door opened Glenn and Kata popped out of the back. I pushed my way through the group and I walked over to her. I grabbed her shoulder and pulled her around to stare at me. She was caught off guard.

" Where the hell did you go?" I yelled.

" She came with us," Glenn said.

" Oh really, haven't fucking noticed?" I replied sarcastically.

" She snuck in. I wouldn't have taken her, even with your blessing. She admitted she was wrong," Rick said. " Look, we have a slightly bigger issue than Kata tagging along with us," Rick said.

" Really 'cause that really big issue in my mind."

" Who the hell is that?" T-dog asked, pointing to the truck.

We looked over and saw a man gagged and blindfolded in the back of the truck. I looked at Kata, who seemed uncomfortable when people realized who he was.

" Meet Randall," Glenn said.

" Patrica get the shed ready for surgery," Hershel said and Patrica nodded, heading straight to the house.