CHAPTER 54

The day Aonn reappeared after a long silence, Pon had just put Benz on the plane home.

Hearing that he was coming to the station, he rushed over there.

There was no one at the place where they were supposed to meet. When a grimy passerby rushed up and hugged him, Pon was so frightened that he almost jumped up.

He recognized Aonn by his familiar apricot eyes.

Pon felt even more surprised, “Why are you tanned like this?”

Aonn touched his face suspiciously, “Am I that dark? Oh, it’s okay, as long as you can recognize me.”

When asked what he had been doing these days, he said that he had gone to the mountains to get some fresh air.

Pon touched his own skin that not only did not tan in the summer but became even whiter.

When the fake getting some fresh air met the real getting some fresh air, he couldn’t help but feel ashamed.

The two found a milk tea shop and sat down. Aonn took out a box from his bag, “I’ve come a long way to bring you back a gift.”

Pon opened the box and saw a butterfly specimen there.

“It’s a Purple Emperor. Isn’t it pretty?” Aonn was very proud, “I caught it in the mountains and made it into a specimen overnight, so I wanted to bring it back for you to see.”

Pon brushed his fingers over the butterfly’s intricately patterned wings without touching them, nodded and said, “It looks good.” After a while, he raised his head and asked, “Wanted to bring it back for me to see? I didn’t say that I wanted to see butterflies.”

“Between the two of us, it’s fine for you to just listen to those words.”

After being stared at by Pon, Aonn had no choice but to admit, “He said that he wanted to see it. I promised to catch one and give it to him, but now he doesn’t want it anymore… Don’t dislike it.”

Pon couldn’t dislike it, so he took the butterfly specimen and gave him a painting in exchange.

Aonn looked at his portrait smiling and said in surprise, “When did you draw this?”

“I started it while you were not paying attention and painted it while you were away.” Pon said.

Aonn scratched his head, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to disappear on you. The signal in the mountains was so poor that nothing could be sent out.”

Pon knew that he was healing his emotional injury and he wasn’t angry with him.

He ordered several portions of milk tea with different flavours,“Let’s not talk about the unhappy things, come on, let’s drink to our successful collection of local cultural material.”

After drinking, he was really a little drunk.

Aonn went to S City straight from the mountains. At this moment, milk tea wasn’t enough to cheer him up.

He put his head on Pon’s shoulder, belched, and said, “Who said getting closer to nature would open your heart? Bullsh*t, why do I hate him more and more?”

Pon obediently rested his head on Aonn's head, “Do not listen to their nonsense. Feelings are either love or hate. It is a lie to say that ‘you can still be friends after breaking up’.”

Aonn grinned, “Pon, this is the most adult-like thing you have said since I met you.”

Pon pretended to be angry and said, “You laugh at me like I’m a child?”