THIRTEEN

As planned, Blaise Zabini's mother, Ava, was to have a ball in their manor on July fourth.

Rowena had just bid goodbye to Daphne and the Greengrass family, post afternoon tea. Narcissa called both Draco and Rowena to the patio to inform them of a letter.

"Mother, who's it from?" Draco asked fixing his hair across his forehead. Rowena had finally convinced the boy to leave the slicked back hair in second year and wear it naturally. "I'm not sure but everyone received one" Narcissa replied.

She handed the carefully wrapped letter to her children. "Thank you" They both said as Narcissa handed them both the letter.

"Dearest Rowena Lestrange,

If you couldn't tell, this is Blaise. I hope this letter finds you well. Mum is hosting the ball, here in our manor, that I was telling you about on the train home from school. It will condemn on July fourth at seven pm. The dress code is based of the"

Rowena looked at Narcissa to see if she'd finished reading her letter before asking for help reading her own.

"Yes dear" Narcissa asked noticing the curly haired girl looking at her. "What does this word say?" Rowena pointed to a word on the letter and Narcissa pronounced it "Regency era" Rowena nodded and kept reading.

"regency era. Ask Missus Malfoy to help you choose a dress, she will know what to do.

I really miss you and Draco but quidditch has been keeping me occupied. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else soon.

Love, Blaise Zabini."

Rowena smiled at the mere thought of her friend. Her smile only grew when she realised she'd be attending a ball.

"Narcissa, can you help me choose a dress according to the theme please?" Rowena asked nicely. "I would love to." Narcissa turned to Draco to ask his thoughts on the ball so Rowena left them to it.

So far, she'd learned to embroider and dance, more literacy skills, studied some more and also attended at least three social events each week. Whether it was afternoon tea or walks with girls her age that Narcissa wanted her to befriend.

Draco stuck to quidditch, reading, asking about Lucius' job, being dragged to one of the meet ups a week and duelling with Rowena.

The two grew closer over the summer as they were basically each other's only company when at the Malfoy manor. They still bickered and it seemed Rowena always had an upper hand. They'd go as far to say they behaved like siblings.

For the next week, all Rowena thought about was the ball. How she would dress, act and speak.

Narcissa had picked four dresses from the dress room to have tailored for the ball. She wasn't sure which would look best, hence four options.

Draco had his outfit chosen already. A black tailcoat, white cravat, black waist coat and pants. He hasent chosen shoes yet.

Finally, July fourth arrived. Rowena awoke at dawn. The sun rising over the forest just beside her window.

It felt as if it was taking forever to come to five o'clock, so she could prepare for the ball.

Narcissa sat down drinking a glass of water as she waited for Rowena to change into each dress to pick the only best.

Rowena walked out in a orange dress. Bead embroidered flowers all over. Each dress had a sweetheart neckline. This dress also had a line of beading under the bust. The short sleeves allowed for a pair of apricot gloves to go to her elbows.