The controversy

I put this one in last place because, let's face it, everybody knows about it. And there are plenty of other ones to go around.

Now, this movie has so much controversy, even the Walt Disney company itself has very mixed emotions about it. 

The movie is set during the reconstruction period, right after the civil war. 

Of course, at the time, there were still some slaves, but some were free. 

Uncle Remus, of course, is among the ones who are free. 

Sis Tempy is the maid and cook at Miss Doshy's mansion, all the plantation workers are black, and you do see them go over a hill, very possibly to a cotton field. 

Even Brer Rabbit has to do with slavery. He's basically a replica of the ones who used their wits to escape from their white bosses, or Brer Fox. 

But at least the Brer Rabbit stories promoted the abolition of slavery. And they're a very important piece of history. 

That's what people miss about this stuff. They refuse to know it's important history and just try to get rid of it. That's what my father told me. 

In my perspective, I might understand the controversy and why it's there; there's a lot of questionable stuff in the movie.

But I never found the movie really bad. I enjoy the music and the stories and the movie's story on the whole. 

At the same time, I am careful with it, because of the way people act towards it, you never really know what anyone's take on it could be. 

Nowadays, they're really going out of their way to get rid of it. Including the closure of Splash Mountain, which may have been Disney's best ride. 

So a lot of this movie is pretty questionable, but I myself don't see anything wrong with it.