11. Hello, Goodbye

3 YEARS LATER

• • •

"Aegon!" I slammed his chamber doors.

"Fuck," he sat up and shoved the maid off his lap, pulling the sheets over himself as I stormed over. "What-"

"Shut up," I grabbed his clothes from the floor and threw them at him. "Get dressed, now," I looked at the girl, sheets up to her neck. "I would throw you yours, but I wish not to catch whatever illnesses you posses. Get out, Jane."

"Yes, Princess," she hopped off the bed and picked up her clothes, slowly redressing herself as Aegon leaned to the bedside and refilled his chalice.

"No need to be shy, Jane, I've been a witness to you redressing twice this month—although I'm sure, now, the Street of Silk will be eager for your arrival with such a starring history."

"The Street of Silk, Princess?" She quivered.

"You've been stripped of your job here, feel no reason to return. The Maester awaits outside with tea."

Her eyes widened as if I'd sentenced her to death. "Please, Princess... I cannot retur..." she placed a hand on her chest. "I'm-"

"I don't wish to hear of it," I held my hand up. "Three chances you've had. Farewell, Jane," I pointed to the door.

Aegon slapped his hands over his face and fell back onto the bed as the girl finally clothed and ran out.

"If you continue like this we'll have hired and fired every woman in King's Landing," I walked to the bedside.

"I didn't even get the chance to bed her, if you must know. Your arrival ruined it."

"What a pity. I've ruined your hourly fucking, yet again, my dear husband," I bent over and slapped him. "Get up!"

"Stop it," he shoved my hands away and picked up his chalice.

"Seriously?"

He held his arms out. "I'm in need of a drink."

"Oh I'm sure. Laying there while she did all the work must have made you grow so weary."

"I told you I didn't get to-" he sighed. "Why are you here?"

"Have you forgotten what today is?"

"No."

I stared at him.

Aegon yawned, situating himself in the blankets. "Fine. Yes."

I grabbed his chalice and threw the wine upon him.

"Fuck, Vaella!" He flung the sheets off and stood up, furiously wiping his eyes.

I slammed the cup down on the bedside. "Get dressed!"

"Well now I must bathe first!"

"THEN DO IT!"