Chapter 5

Kartik's POV

I was on my way to the office room, when I saw someone in the main hall, her long black hair were tied up, and the way she was amused by seeing everything amused me. I walked closer to her, and then suddenly she turned without looking down and collapsed into me, her eyes closed tightly in fear.

I grabber before she can touch the floor, I didn't knew that my arm can fit so perfectly on someone's waist, she opened her eyes slowly, her innocent looking eyes, made me think a lot of things which were definitely not innocent.

...................

I was attending the event, and my ears were bleeding by listening to the talks of these businessmen and their failed strategies, no wonder they don't last long in this industry, but as their competitor I smiled and agree with everything they say, they're already on their path of destruction.

I looked around and saw her, what was she doing here?, why did they bring her here? I excused myself and walked towards Mr. Peter Ferrari.

" Hello Mr. Ferrari" I said forwarding my hand for a handshake, which he took gracefully

" Mr.D'Angelo, nice to see you, haven't seen you around the house for sometime" he gave a small smile

He was well aware of my habits of invading his home.

" What can I say, Nick isn't inviting me anymore" I chuckled

" As if that stops you" Nick said, glaring at me

" Ah, Mr.Ferrari, meet my daughter Naira Ferrari" he said bringing his daughter by his side

She wore a black evening gown, with small diamonds adorning her neck, which looked so delicate and unlike other days, her hair were open, framing her face in the most perfect way.

"Hello Miss" I said, taking her hand in mine and softly kissing the top of her hand, and if I'm not wrong those were goosebumps that I saw on her arm, I do have that effect on people but the opposite and equal was not expected, until I kissed her hand, fuck.

She nodded in response, her father left us for some talks here and there. Peter was a neat and clever businessman, unlike me, who will rip the opponent from it's root that they may never found their way out.

" I'm gonna get some drinks, stay here" Nick said looking at Naira particularly and went away, he trusted me with his sister, another fuck.

" So, princess how's the ceiling?" I asked

" Don't get too ahead of yourself, just because everyone in my family likes you, it doesn't mean I do" she replied with a straight face

" I never said you have to like me" I answered

She took a deep breath after realising the meaning of my words, and grabbed the drink from Nick's hand before he could say anything, and downed it's content in one go.

" It's an open bar, I'm gonna take advantage of it" she announced and went away

" Kartik can you just keep an eye on her,  I have to talk to some people it's important" Nick asked, to which I nodded.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

~Ellen⚡