Chapter 14

Naira's POV

" So what are we doing?" I yawned, it was a long trip as everyone scattered to do their own work

" Swimming?" Astrid signalled to the pool

I was going to call Nick, but Astrid stopped me, " let them be, they always just drink and game all day" she said

" And your are left alone, I guess" I said

She nodded, as we went to our rooms to get changed

" Why do you even then tag along?" Julie asked

" I don't go out much, try living with so many bodyguards 24x7, Kartik's lucky, he got his own place " she explained

" You want to have freedom " I whispered, but I think she heard it

I realised it long back, the bigger the business, the more enemies we have. I think that's why dad agreed to sent me away that time, as it would atleast keep me safe.

We changed in our swimwear, Astrid was wearing a white bikini, her body shape was really good, Julie was wearing olive green bikini, she covered her legs with a see through cloth, and I wearing a black one piece which had a gap on my stomach and some strings on the side.

I stopped by the kitchen, to grab drink for the girls and myself, and that is when Kartik popped up in the kitchen, he had big headphones on, and was wearing a very lazy and attractive outfit I may add, some cotton beige shorts/Bermuda, and a beach shirt which was half unbuttoned from the top.

He didn't notice me first as he walked to the fridge, Should I wait for him to leave, so he wouldn't notice me or should I go now, but before I can decide, I felt a pair of eyes on me. Kartik was looking at me intently as he took out some beer cans, he then removed his headphones and walked towards me.

" Hi kartik, I was just getting something to drink" I said awkwardly

" I can see that" he replied, his eyes still just on my face

I got more nervous, after realising that I was in my swimwear.

" Ok then" I gave a tight smile, and walked out

When I came out, i could finally breathe

" Why do you look like you've seen something, you should've not seen" Julie said

" For the first time, my friend, you're right" I said, as I dipped my legs in the cool water.

We drank, and splashed water on eachother, it was fun, we really acted like children, until some heavy body jumped on me, it was Nick.

" Get off me you heavy buffoon" I said

" Why sister " he mocked me

No sooner he got off me, Astrid threw a ball at him, which hit his face, and then I don't know where they both went off to, because Nick said he hurt his beautiful eyes, which I highly doubt.

" Kartik you never get into the pool, you hate it" Daniel said, when Kartik got into the water

" I never said that, what are you saying?" Kartik laughed it off

" No, no, Daniel's right, you'll get ill" Nicholas said

" Just shut up" Kartik said as he splashed water on them, and then another second, all three were splashing water on each other.

Julie and I backed to the end of the pool so as not to get trapped in their water fight, which I think was an useless idea, because now we were trapped.

I could see Kartik's back coming closer and closer and then suddenly when Daniel splashed water on him, he dodged, and it splashed all over me. And then there was silence.

" Come here" I glared at Daniel

" It's not my mistake, Kartik should've not dodged it" Daniel said pointing at Kartik.

As I was turning around to look at him, my feet slipped a little, so my hands automatically held onto Kartik's shoulder, and he tried to steady me, his hands were warm against my cold body.

" You alright?" He asked slowly

I nodded.

" I think it's time to cook dinner " Nicholas called us out

Vote.Comment. Follow

~Ellen⚡