Chapter 15

Hey guys!! Hope you're enjoying the story, if yes, then please vote!!

We decided to barbeque, so everyone was busy doing something, I was barbequing the meat outside with Nicholas, while Julie and Astrid were preparing dressings and other things, and Nick and Kartik were just complaining about everything.

" How do you bear him?" I asked as I saw him tasting a salad, Astrid made and make a very judgy face.

Nicholas chukled, " good question Naira"

" But, btw why did you invite Julie?" I asked

He looked surprised for a moment but then he composed himself, " she's your friend and I thought it would be good if you had somebody to accompany you"

" And when did you meet my friend " I asked sweetly, he is making it so obvious that he did this for himself

" That night when you were drunk, I was with Kartik when we saw you, so Kartik asked me to take her home " he said

I'm gonna have a talk with Julie too.

" Hmm..well whatever, just don't do anything reckless" I gave him a warning look

" I'm not doing anything " He said, deliberately not looking at me
.............................

We ate and drank, at one point, Daniel and Nick were having a competition of who can stuff their mouth with the cabbage leaves, it was funny to watch them struggling that they both end up choking on it. Kartik just shook his head slightly at their antics and after sometime we called it a night.

We all had our own rooms, the house was that big. It's not easy for me to sleep in a foreign place so I resorted to using my phone and watching some series, after an hour or so, I felt hungry, I looked at my stomach and scolded it.

" I literally ate so much just an hour ago" I grumbled and decided to satisfy my mid night cravings.

I slowly came out of my room, the house was silent, I guess everyone's asleep after a tiring day, as I was going downstairs, I heard coughing from the end of the hallway, I thought it would stop, but the person keeps coughing, so I decided to check it out.

I walked towards the door and knocked at it and then entered when nobody answered. It was Kartik's room, he was still coughing.

" Hey kartik are you alright?" I asked

He didn't say anything, so I walked towards him, and turned on the bed lamp, he was sweating a lot, so I touched his forehead, and his body was burning

" You have a very high fever" I said worriedly

" Go n sleep, I'll be alright" he said weakly

" The hell you'll be, wait a minute, I'll be back" I said as I ran towards my room.

I have a habit of carrying a medicine pouch with me, so I immediately fished out some medicines and then went downstairs to get ice water.

" Sit up, I got these medicines" I said, I thought he might throw another tantrum, but he got up.

I gave him the medicines, and then made him a lie down again, then dipped a towel in the ice water and put it on his forehead to help with his high fever.

" What happened? You were alright and hour ago?" I asked

" The swimming pool water doesn't suit me" he said slowly

I didn't ask any further questions as I noticed him drifting off to sleep, I did the process few more times and then checked his fever again, his body was doing much better.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

~Ellen⚡