Chapter 7

Naira's POV

I felt asleep as soon as I hit the bed, the vodka helped too, or I would have been awake because of that incident. My alarm rang at 6 am, I was this close to go back to sleep when I suddenly remembered that I had a job to go to. I shot up from the bed, and ran to the bathroom, as I was taking a shower, last night events flashed before my eyes, my frustration grew when I remembered that Kartik was looking after me just because my brother asked him to do, I should not be this worked up over something like this.

When I went downstairs, breakfast was already prepared, and Nick was sitting there busy on a call. When he noticed me, he smiled but then returned to usual office mood. I inhaled my breakfast for the first time as I was very hungry and said a quick bye to my brother, and got in my car, which my dad got me two days before, though I tried to deny it, but he insisted.

I walked into my new office, where a staff gave me a tour and introduced me to all the team members whom I'll be working with on a project. I was patiently waiting on my table when a man as old as my dad walked in.

" Good Morning everyone, first let me introduce you to our newest addition to the team, Miss Naira Ferrari, she's a fresher but she has good talent, we could use that" he introduced me to the team, and then he explained a few things about the project we'll be working with another big company before dismissing us.

I went to the washroom, and when I was in the stall, I heard two girls, I normally don't pay attention, but then I heard my name.

" Naira Ferrari, ofcourse she got in through connections " girl one said

" Ya, she's a fresher, why would they put her on such a big project " girl two said

" That girl might look all good and innocent, but I'm pretty sure she's a rich spoilt bitch" girl one said again before they both went out.

Great, I'm being judged again for my name. That's why I left and went to Europe because of these rumours. I didn't always lived with my dad. My mom and I were from an average family, dad just used to send us money, he wanted to marry my mom after she got pregnant but my mom didn't want to marry a person who had a dead wife, some beliefs of her.
But after my mom died of illness, ironic. I was officially shifted to the Ferrari's house, so everybody knew that I was an illegitimate child which caused many problems for me, I didn't have the mental and physical power to bear all this and requested dad to send me somewhere far before I'm ready for all this shit. That's why I never got to ' bond ' with my dad and brother that much.

I took a deep breath, people were going to talk anyways, I should focus on my work. I walked out from the washroom and saw a stack of papers on my desk, when a girl walked to my desk and said

" These are the material for the project, get through them by tonight and submit a report tomorrow" she said, her voice very familiar to the girl one, who just called me a bitch, I nodded.

When I picked the first paper, my body froze, What the hell!

" D'Angelo? As in Kartik's company? We're working with them"

Vote. Comment. Follow.

~Ellen⚡