Chapter 11

Present Time.

" Sir ! Sir ! Sir ! Sir!!! Please wake up !! Please wake up!! My mom is having a panick attack again!! Please help my mom !!! Sir !! " ... Vedika called out to Ryan who was sleeping on the couch downstrairs. The little girl was fast asleep besides her mom whose right arm was wrapped around her. Towards dawn Vedika started feeling  a sudden shake, which broke her sleep. And when she opened  her eyes, she again witnessed her mom's terrified condition. At first she tried to wake her up , but being scared and panicked she hurriedly came downstairs in order to call the police and also to seek help from Lorry. But to her surprise she saw her mother's friend sleeping on their couch, whom she met at the party. So without wasting any time,she used her presence of mind, went ahead and started calling Ryan for help.

Ryan hurriedly woke up after hearing Vinnie's desperate cry for help. As he was in slumber after a tired day, it took him a second to come back to his senses. After getting a hold on himself , he became conscious of Vedika's presence, and the moment he saw her scared face with tears running down her eyes, he anxiously asked her what's going on and why she looked so scared and crying so much. He thought that there may be some bad news from the hospital regarding Uma's aunt's health which made both the mother and daughter broke into tears. And instantly Uma's thought came across his mind, and he abruptly asked the little girl , "Where is your mother ? Is she ok ? Is something wrong with her aunt ? Do I need to drive you both to the hos.... ".

"Sir !! Please help my mom.. she is having the panick attack again ...please help her to wake up from her sleep.. please come with me and help her ." Vinnie cried out which stopped Ryan from talking further. He immediately got up from the couch and asked her " where is your mother " . Vinnie instantly replied " Follow me quickly!!". And both Ryan and Vedika climbed upstairs in a hurry and Vedika ran to her mother's bed room and quickly opened the door for Ryan. The moment he entered the room , he was beyond shock to see Uma's condition.

Her head was nervously moving from left to right with eyes tightly closed and tears running down from it, there was a deep frown in her forehead as if she was in  pain , her hands were rightly clutched on the bedsheet and her legs were crisscrossed and slightly folded as if she was being scared of something . Her entire body was shaking and was profusely sweating. Astonished to see his bestfriend like this, Ryan couldn't make out what to do at the very moment, as he never witnessed Uma like this before,not even in their long nine years of friendship. He stood there like a statue witnessing the horror infront of him , until Vedika holding his arm shook him and told him " Please do something, she needs help ".

The shake broke his stance and he quickly without thinking went and sat near Uma , though at first he tried to call her out with his hand on her arm, " Hey !! hey !!Uma ! Uma!! Umi !! Umi ( it was the name he gave it to her when they became friends, as back then as a kid it was difficult for him to pronounce her name properly .) Wake up !! Wake up !! ". But after getting no response from it, he didn't waste any time , instead he quickly went and sat near Uma's head which was tremoring from left to right , and took it on his lap , slowly pulled her left hand into his , squeezed it softly and said , " Umi , buddy!! Please wake up !! Its me Ryan , your bestfriend". The moment he said the last word, Uma's head and body stopped moving and shaking , as if she was listening to Ryan's voice. But still her eyes were closed tightly,  her right hand still clutched the bedsheet firmly and her body was still sweating. After getting a bit response from her , Ryan continued in a soft voice in order to calm her down " Uma please wake up !! There's nothing to fear about ,your daughter and me are here right in front of you. Are you ok bud ? please wake up !! See your daughter is worried about you " . As soon as Ryan mentioned Vinnie name , her entire body relaxed down including her hands and feets and her tightly closed eyes also became normal. Realising the effect of her daughter's name on her , Ryan once again mentioned Vedika , to make the final attempt to wake up his bestfriend before calling the 999. And it worked miraculously, he once again told her softly but this time in a little worried tone ," Uma you are scaring your daughter, please dont do it, the little girl is crying helplessly.  She needs you to wake up Uma and hold her in your arm. Please wake up!!." With it Uma's eyes opened straight away, and she got up from her sleep.