Chapter 2

"Kim !!! man what's taking you so long ?.." Ryan marched into Kim's bed room without even bothered to knock.

His friend turned around with a big smile along with an annoying  gaze and said " Welcome Mr Big Shot !!! I believe even after moving to New York , you still didn't get that there is a thing call knocking before you enter, and I think it will never get into your thick skull...?" With it Kim went ahead and gave Ryan a big warm hug and said "Its so good to see you pal and the reunion will not start before eight, so we still have half an hour in our hand. "

Ryan gave him a silly smile and sat down on the small couch placed little far away from the bed of his friend's cozy bed room. It was the couch where they had spent their entire childhood , teenage and even adult life watching movies , group studying and playing video games together .

"So how's life ? " Kim asked while fixing his coat, "Hectic with the expanding businesses" Ryan replied him back . " Yeah I read about your fashion brand in magazines and also watched the Met Gala events where many celebrities has worn your fashion houseclothes. But I must say Brooke within this short period of time you have made your business well enough to be known world wide. I am proud of you man ." 

Soon after completing his college in fashion degree Ryan moved out to New York  and took over his dad's small business of a fashion brand and turned it over into a big renowned fashion house, globally known as " The Brooke" after his last name.

Ryan gave Kim a wide grin with a small thanks after hearing his friend's flattering comment and started looking around the room when suddenly his eyes caught hold of a photo frame which was kept on the study shelf at the side of the couch. He leaned forward and stared at the frame without any blink, while continuously tapping his feet and rubbing his hand on his blue faded jeans.

The frame had their old school picture where the four of them where laughing their hearts out without any worries of the world, and she was standing just beside Ryan looking beautiful as always with her big smile.

" Vicky will be there right or do we need to pick her up on our way" Kim asked his friend and kept on staring at Ryan for an answer, but when he didn't receive any after a minute or two,  he sighed and went to sit beside his friend whoes gaze was still fixed on the picture. " Did you still kep the expectation that even after eight years, she will come in our school reunion ?" .

This made Ryan immediately turn his gaze down , but still didn't utter any single word. Seeing the cloud of grief in his friend's eyes ,Kim in order to cheer him up said " I must say you always had a great sense of fashion man and you are looking more  handsome with growing age " , Ryan wore a red slim fit shirt and a light blue faded jean matched it up with a rolex black belt watch and a white sneaker , with almost 6'3 ft height ,natural black hair along with an ocean green eyes and a well built body, he always looked like a runaway model no matter what he wore .

To this Ryan winked at his friend with a smile and said " And your fashion sense sucks as always Mr Jung !!  ", who wore a blue jeans and a black tshirt along with a black coat and a brown sneaker.

Kim laughed at the comment of his friend followed with a middle finger. Getting the cue that he was almost successful in cheering up his friend, Kim continued " I heard that you are about get engaged with Vicky your high school sweetheart, Congrats man !!!  We will always be there with you !!! Remember we are a team afterall. " .. With it Kim  gave a cheerful punch on Ryan's stomach, to which Ryan gave him a tight smile and a nod and got up from the couch.

Kim was confused by seeing his reaction on mentioning about his engagement with his long term girlfriend Veronica in short Vicky.

Ryan and Vicky were in relationship since high school and were like inseperable couple. They were madly in love with each other and decided to get engaged. So then why all of a sudden Ryan gave a cold shoulder about the news rather being happy and cheerful about it. But Kim didn't say anything about it further and followed Ryan who already left the room before he could say anything .