They know

The cold was spreading more and more over the empires. There have been many snowstorms and record lows for a lot of the empires. Especially the ones near Mythland. Sausage has effectively threatened anyone who tries to even come close to the kingdom.

Jimmy's tried multiple times; needing to talk to Lord Sausage about their borders. He would normally talk to him at the end of meetings, but with this snow they've had fewer meetings. As well as the fact that Xornoth has been getting stronger. Lizzie thinks that he has some sort of secret base somewhere with a lot of magic, Joel doesn't think Xornoth exists. And they still can't find Scott.

"Jimmy, you've been pacing back and forth for a while now, what's got you so worried?" Lizzie asked

"Yeah Tim, what's up, man?" Says Joel, sharing a glance with his wife.

Jimmy, Lizzie, and Joel randomly hang out sometimes. They are all family so it's quite often that two of the three drop by the other one's empire. "Oh, I- I've just been thinking about King Scott and High Wizard Gem, they have been missing for four months now."

In that four month period, Jimmy has had more weird dreams about Scott. After the first one he's had a dream at least once every week. He knows they must be important, he's just too scared to tell someone. What if they find out about us? Is only one of the worries going through his head.

Lizzie stood up and gently guided him to sit back down on the floor, where his tea had been getting cold. "It has been quite a while now, hasn't it?"

"Hmm." Joel responded, sipping his tea.

"I just wish we knew more, what if Xornoth did something"

"I've already told everyone this, Xornoth doesn't exist, I don't know what is going on with everyone, there is no demon."

"Jim, my seabling, I love you, but you need to stop getting worried about everything. I'm sure that they are fine... Wherever they are."

Jimmy wasn't sure about anything anymore. What if something happened to his sister? What if Lizzie goes missing next? These are all serious things that he needs answers to. Other questions he needs answers to is, Where is Scott? Are those dreams real or is he truly going insane? Is Xornoth real? Is Joel right, are we just all crazy? What happened to Scott? Why is it so cold and snowy? What is Sausage hiding? What is—

"JIMMY!" Lizzie shook his shoulders, "quit it won't ya'?"

"What?"

"You keep muttering questions to yourself, mostly about Scott, what's up with that?" Joel asks.

Lizzie's eyes then lit up like she had an idea, oh no. Jimmy looked between the two, worry and fear spreading on his face. "I think I know why," Lizzie teased.

"Hm?" Just act confused Jimmy, they don't know, she can't know, He thought to himself.

"I think Jim here has a little crush on someone."

"Oh no," Jimmy sighed.

"Scott? King Scott of Rivendell?" Joel was shocked, "Are you serious?"

Jimmy stayed silent; looking away.

"Huh? So that's why you are so worried," Joel said.

Jimmy couldn't believe this. To be fair, it was quite obvious. He wasn't hiding his crush very well. At least they don't know I'm dating him. If they somehow found out, he was screwed. But there's—

Lizzie was deep in thought. Hand on her chin, occasionally humming or looking around. Eyes lighting up then dimming. "Jimmy? No..." What is she thinking about? "Jimmy, who gave you that flower crown, the one in your house?" She asked.

This is not going to end well for Jimmy, will it? "What do you mean?"

"You know the one, from when I went to visit you, then you started crying, you know."

"Someone gave you a flower crown?" Joel questioned.

She doesn't know, "No one important."

Joel seemed to also have put the pieces together, "Jimmy, are you and," He paused; thinking. "Are you and Scott dating?"

"What?! Now where did you get that idea from?" He and Scott are dating. "You know Scott, he's probably the least datable person there is, no offense to him, but, you know."

Lizzie sighed with a fond expression, "Jimmy..."

"I just don't see how you could have gotten that."

"He totally is, Timmy you are a bad lair."

Jimmy wasn't getting out of this one, he never does. Out of all the people in the world, he never could get away with lying to his sister. "Yes, fine. We are dating."

"How?"

"When did this happen? Why didn't you tell me? I'm going to kill him." Lizzie started saying.

Jimmy stood up and grabbed his bag, "Nope, nope. I am not talking about this. I'm leaving, I have work to do." He said as he walked to the door.

"No! Wait, come back." Lizzie tried to get him to stay.

He didn't come back. He left with only a goodbye. Leaving Lizzie and her husband by themselves to fully wrap their heads around what just happened.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Back at his own empire, the place was still frozen with snow and ice. The swampy water had a thin layer of ice over it, which was very uncommon. They really needed to figure out this whole ice situation, his kingdom couldn't survive like this forever. If the cold continues like this into the spring, or even the summer, he'd need to ask for help from his allies.

He walked into his bathroom to freshen up to go to sleep. Jimmy hoped he wouldn't have a nightmare tonight, they were quite exhausting and Jimmy needed his rest for tomorrow. He had a very important meeting with Sausage about their borders, that's why he was going to sleep early tonight.

After taking a shower he started brushing his teeth. Bringing his head up from the sink he saw something in his mirror. It looked... Blue? Jimmy turned around but saw nothing; looking back at the mirror he saw it again, but this time more clear. It was Scott. He was dirty and impossibly skinny, like he hadn't eaten in some time.

Scott looked pleadingly into his eyes. Jimmy could tell he was begging for help, wishing for him to come and save him. All of a sudden another figure appeared, this one Jimmy couldn't make out. Scott looked back towards the figure, white hot fear spread across his face as he noticed the figure. He started screaming and shouting, but Jimmy couldn't hear him. The figure slapped Scott across his face, he started crying.

Jimmy panicked. He looked behind him to try and stop what was happening but saw nothing. The only thing there was the door to his bedroom. He looked back to the mirror; there was nothing there but his tired reflection. I can't do this anymore.

He left his bathroom and went to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Thank you for reading. I just got a new computer so I wrote on there and it was a blast, honestly. I felt like a real author, lol. Anyway I do hope you liked it, this is also posted on AO3, same title. I was listening to music and one of the songs inspired the ending of this chapter. I think there is only going to be two more chapters for this pic but I don't know for sure, don't quote me on that. Happy reading :D