Welcome To My World

We moved swiftly and silently to the back of the HYBE Building. It was a blessing in disguise that we did this mission in the dead of the night, because the streets were relatively empty at this hour. Plus, this was Monday, everyone was busy with their work, the building was located in a less crowded area of HYBE Nation's city in Kwangya, unlike SMTown's Kwangya building which was the landmark of its city. This was good.

"I'm in position," ae-Hyeju said through the comms.

I instinctively looked up, and I could zoom in on her heat signatures on my HUD. She was perching on the rooftop of the building across the street. How she got there so quickly, I still have no idea, but the GUN Fighters always had their ways. The fact that they had designated snipers in the team still amazed me. Why didn't we ever think about that? We were lucky that IPG and GUN were now fully working together.

"That's the drain cover," I heard Yuqi's deep voice in my ears as we reached the back of the HYBE building, "Remove it, and you should find a ladder to go down. We'll guide you from there."

ae-Yeji nodded, and she motioned for ae-Ryujin to remove the drain cover. ae-Yuna and I readied our weapons, scanning our surroundings to ensure that no one saw a team of aes gathering around a drain cover, but no one was around. ae-Ryujin removed the drain cover quickly, and immediately jumped down, disappearing into the hole on the ground.

"We're clear. You guys can come down," she informed us.

One by one, the team went down through the ladder. ae-Yena was first, followed by ae-Kazuha, ae-Yunjin, and ae-Chaewon. I gave her an assuring nod as she climbed the ladder down. I could only imagine what must be going through her mind right now; but to her credit, it seemed like her determination to find her missing boyfriend gave her the courage to move forward. I squeezed ae-Ningning's hand before she followed the others in, and ae-Yeji looked up at ae-Yuna and I before she joined the rest.

 I squeezed ae-Ningning's hand before she followed the others in, and ae-Yeji looked up at ae-Yuna and I before she joined the rest

"Keep a look out for us. We'll let you know once we're done," she said. I nodded.
"Hwaiting, Unnie," I muttered.

ae-Yeji gave her maknae and I a nod each, then she quickly climbed down. I gestured at ae-Yuna to help me put the drain cover back in place.

"And now... We wait..." whispered ae-Yuna, dusting her palms.
"We shouldn't stay here in the open. Let's find a place where we can watch this spot without being obvious," I said. She nodded and started scanning the area, before pointing at a nearby bench.
"There?" she proposed.
"Let's go," I nodded.

We moved to the bench and sat down, trying to appear casual, just in case anybody was looking in our direction. The quiet of the night enveloped us, but my mind was anything but still. In our ears, I could hear the spies in HQ talking to the team.

"Go straight for about 50 meters, then turn left. You should find another ladder there," Chaeryeong's voice rang out.
"Copy that. Let's move out," I heard ae-Yeji's voice responding.