Utopia

This chapter marks the official start of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Muir Woods, now 10 years after the Revolution...

The ape colony was practically complete now, a system was established.

They had many customs that were incorporated into their society now due to the many years of trials and tribulations they had endured.

The last two of those years had yielded one major development, no humans.

The colony could not fathom the last time they had seen a human straggler, much as any humans who threatened their livelihood.

The thought of humans destroying each other was the deduction they had romanticized as the truth.

Now with the threat of humanity out of the way, the apes were free to thrive and continue growing in strength and numbers.

Alas, in order to grow, they had to find ways to survive, and the main aspect of survival was sustenance...food.

They weren't living in some sort of urban simulation, there was no grocery store they could just waltz into, they had to hunt.

Which is exactly what they were doing at the moment, despite the rainy weather transpiring, they still had to hunt to maintain the colony.

Caesar, naturally as the Ape King, was at the helm of a group of hunters.

His face was painted white as a red streak trickled down his forehead, though it was a bit sullied due to the rain drops running down his face.

On a tree to his right, Geleel was perched next to Rocket and Ash, the younger chimp was no longer a small child anymore, he had grown into a powerful ape.

All of them dawned unique markings on their bodies.

Geleel's markings were the most striking out of the entire troop, while most apes utilized white paint for their faces and fur, he did not have fur, so he utilized black paint on his body and two red streaks on his cheeks.

The man did not have fur, though his skin was dark in complexion, it was a dark brown, nowhere near the same deep black hue that many apes had as their fur color.

Geleel then looked behind him to see the large array of chimpanzees and a few bonobos perched in the trees behind them, this was the only set of apes designated for this hunt.

The Ape man then looked down as he noticed a few gorillas and chimpanzees poised with weapons and bolas strapped to their backs, this was the right wing ground team.

The left wing ground team consisted of the same species of apes, though they were led by Koba, and his son Limbo, who much like Ash, had grown into full maturity now.

Blue Eyes had grown like them as well, but his father had given him the task of hemming up the back of the troops and making sure everyone was in place, he would join them at the front soon enough.

Suddenly a chimpanzee named Bam swung up to the group, this was their scout.

The chimp grunted in order to get the attention of his leader.

"Caesar...they are close." Bam relayed to Caesar through sign, he was referring to the elk they hunted.

Caesar nodded in affirmation before swiftly turning to Koba and Limbo.

"Koba!" Caesar grunted out as he signed for Koba to lead his team forward.

Koba nodded before motioning for his team to follow him, Limbo tried to keep up with his father in order to impress the scarred bonobo.