The New Ape

It was a new day at the San Bruno primate shelter.

Geleel had woken up due to the usual banging of a metal bowl, courtesy of Dodge Landon doing his usual rounds and handing the apes their food.

"Still not talkin after 8 years huh ape man? Well get used to eating this crap for the rest of your life." Dodge said as dropped some very repulsive brown sludge into Geleel's food slot.

Geleel glared at the man as he per usual, made no effort to eat that disgusting food.

Dodge thought he was so smart...so superior to the apes, he didn't even realize how much Geleel had grown in terms of height and muscle, that required real nutrients, so it was amazing that this idiot didn't realize Geleel was eating ACTUAL food from elsewhere...Emilia...wherever she was, Geleel hoped she'd be back soon enough.

After Dodge gave Geleel the usual side eye whilst walking to the next cage, the latter took note of the ape that was in the once vacant cage next to him now, it was that new ape from yesterday.

Geleel finally got a chance to examine this ape, he was a chimpanzee, a pretty tall one too, certainly taller than Rocket or any other male chimp, but he was ever slightly shorter than Geleel.

What baffled Geleel the most about this chimp was his strange mannerisms...he didn't behave like any ape he'd ever seen before, and the fact he was clad in human clothes made him all the more weird to Geleel.

Unfortunately Geleel's mental scrutiny of the ape was cut short when he noticed Dodge chuck the slop down into the new ape's feeding pen.

"Go on, that's grade A Primate Chow." Dodge taunted the ape who decided to inspect the disgusting food.

The chimp took a sniff of the food and immediately drew back in disgust, the smell was putrid.

Dodge chuckled before turning to his coworker, Rodney, who only gave him a shaky expression, the man seemed to be genuinely terrified of Dodge.

Suddenly the new ape flung the putrid food through the grates of his cage, the disgusting contents of it spilling all over Dodge's face.

Dodge stood there in utter shock as he processed what had just happened.

The new chimpanzee huffed out a laugh as he turned to Geleel with a smile plastered on his face, seemingly hoping the latter would find his practical joke funny.

Geleel didn't particularly laugh in return, sure Dodge was a evil individual, but Geleel couldn't revel in this because he knew Dodge was also vengeful, and that could mean trouble for this new chimp.

"You think that's funny, huh?" Dodge shouted, confirming Geleel's worries.

The Chimp continued laughing as he failed to notice Dodge picking up a hose.

The chimp's smile fell into a scared expression as Dodge placed the hose through the cage door.

The ape had no time to react as a powerful stream of water burst forth from the hose, the pressure immediately slammed the chimp into the wall as he gasped and sputtered when the water went into his nose and mouth.

Geleel closed his eyes tightly as the ape continued to screech and huff out pleas of mercy, all the while Dodge continued spraying him with the water.

Dodge finally shuts the hose off as the chimp is given room to breathe.

Dodge glares at the ape as he coughs a few times before laying on the ground in defeat.

"You'll learn who's boss soon enough." Dodge affirmed as the chimp cowered.