Short 6

Christian ends up in the pound.

An adorable pug with apricot fur was whining as the man dressed in a blue overall work suit wrapped the little guy's injured leg. "All done." He said as the pug continued to cry. "Don't worry. You're safe here. And with a face like that, you'll find a home no problem." The sound of a cell phone ringing emanated from the room. "Where's that ringing coming from?" The man searched all over before scratching his head quizzically when it stopped. He sat back down and stared at the adorable pup in front of him. "I'll get you a comfy crate until you get adopted." The cell phone ringtone returned. "What the heck?" He looked around frantically before realizing the sound was close to him. "Wait a minute." He spotted a glow coming from the pug's stomach. "No way." He pried the pug's mouth open when he heard a voice.

"Christian. Are you there?" A female voice came out making the guy faint.

When the pug was sure that the man remained out cold, it transformed into Christian. His clothes were dusty. His pant leg was ripped where his bandaged leg was. He took his cellphone out of his pants pocket and pushed the speaker button as his sister called his name.

"Sarah." He rasped out.

"Where are you?" She asked him. Jason called after you stormed out of the condo, and never came back.

"What time is it?"

"It's almost midnight."

"Midnight?" He stared at the clock displayed on his phone. "I thought it was barely eight. Stupid time change."

"Why aren't you home?" Sarah said sternly. "Jason's worried about you."

"I would've been home sooner, but this stupid monster hunter went after me." Christian took a step forward when he hissed in pain.

"Oh my gosh. Are you alright?"

"He got my leg. Then I turned into a dog in order to lose the guy. And then, a dog catcher captured me. I need one of you guys to pick me up."

"You're at the pound?"

"Yes." Christian snapped at her. "Are you guys going to come get me or what?"

"Not with that attitude." Sarah spoke.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry."

"That's better. Jacob and I are coming for you. Just sit tight until we get there."

"Thanks, sis." Christian hung up and sighed before dialing Jason's number. "Hey." He heard shouting on the other end. "I wasn't. I was just. Jason. Jason!" He frowned as Jason lectured him. "Maybe I should've stayed at the pound." He grumbled as he stayed on the line until his siblings showed up.