4. The First Text Conversation (Stevie said)

"Yo girl what you up to?" a text message came in from an unknown number.

"Yo you, just replying to text messages from strangers." I needed a break from paper work anyway so I played along. I recently changed my number and had given the new one to a few, selected people.

"Oh sorry. It's Ally." And one of them was Ally Hills, the amazing singer-songwriter I met yesterday. She got into Pab's and we will be working together on her music videos. The thought makes me nervous. I know we have only met once but I have a feeling that aside from the semi-duet we had, we have shared something deeper.

"Ally who?" I asked just to make sure.

"The less popular Hills in LA."

"Huh?" the answer I sent her. I could feel there is a punch line. 

"Everyone just knows Beverly, right? Well, no one knows we're sisters," she responded. I laughed so hard, the hardest I had in months. Even if it was not really funny, I was just imagining her awkwardly delivering it.

"It's a good thing you only write songs," I teased. " What's up?"

"I already got the story boards of the music videos"

"And?"

"They're nice..."

"But?"

"But I would like to recommend some changes."

"Oh okay. Can you email it? I can send you the updated ones before we film on Monday."

"No. It will be difficult to explain in writing. I need to express them with feelings. Ha-ha."

"So can I just call you then?"

"No. Sorry," which was followed by "Wait." So I waited. A series of messages came in one after the other...

"I'm not being rude but I'm too shy to talk on the phone."  

"I just wanted to invite you over tomorrow?" 

"Whatever time you are free."

"I understand if you can't. You probably made plans already."

"And it was on such short notice."

I did not want to overthink the situation. Besides, I could really make use of her ideas. But the major plus is I get to see her again. 

So I cut in her text marathon and responded, "Only if your mom's cooking. ;)"