Chapter Thirteen

Three Months AgoThirdGrace laid motionless on the ground, her chest still and silent

Three Months Ago
Third
Grace laid motionless on the ground, her chest still and silent. Her head held carefully in Elijah's hands as he shook it. His eyes not believing what was before him "Grace...wake up" the broken voice echoed through the alley "Elijah..." a faraway voice called as a hand was placed on Elijah's shoulder, but Elijah was quick to shrug it off "Grace...breath, please!" he whispered harshly, tears silently escaping his eyes.

"Elijah, stop" another pair of hands appeared, grabbing Grace's lifeless body from the ground. The two young vampires long forgotten as the two originals walked out of the alleyway. The two solemnly made their way back to the mansion they resided in. "What are we gonna do...?" Finn whispered, looking down at his Kevvar.

"...I don't know" the two originals hesitated when they saw the lights of the house on, cheerful voices coming from the living room. When the two walked through the front door they heard the quick footsteps of their siblings "Elijah! Finn! your back! where's Gra-" Kol's voice halted seeing the bloodied body in Finn's arms "Kol?" Rebekah appeared in the foyer, looking at Kol confused for his sudden loss of voice.

Rebekah's eyes followed Kol's, Gasping at the sight. "No..." her hand covered her mouth as she hesitantly moved towards her elder brothers, her eyes not leaving the closed ones of her best friend. As she stood next to Grace's body her hand came up to cup Grace's bloody cheek "how did this...how did this happen" she said breathless as she looked up tearfully at her brothers.

"Sister! have our brothers and my mate arrived home yet?" the four looked at each other worriedly as Niklaus stepped into the room. The four froze at the sound of Nik's sudden stop "Grace?" Niklaus dropped the drawings in his hands, making quick movements to reach his brothers. "Grace! wake up!"

Finn was hesitant to let go but Niklaus ripped Grace's body from his arms, kneeling to the ground as his hands frantically ran along her face and body "she's going to wake up" Niklaus whispered to himself "Niklaus

Finn was hesitant to let go but Niklaus ripped Grace's body from his arms, kneeling to the ground as his hands frantically ran along her face and body "she's going to wake up" Niklaus whispered to himself "Niklaus..." Elijah said sorrowfully "she'll wake up. She just needs time" Niklaus once again said to himself as he caressed her cold cheek "Niklaus she...she wasn't-" "Wasn't what!?"