lonely without you {colson baker}

colson baker

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He screamed in my face

My eyes were already teary as I was barely holding on. I'm not gonna cry again, not in front of him, I thought to myself.

Not ever again.

"I'm leaving."
I grabbed my suitcase and slammed the door behind me, wanting to escape the place we used to call home.

"Such a fucking mistake ..." I muttered, throwing my belongings in the backseat.

As soon as I shut the car door, just like a waterfall, the tears ... they didn't stop.

I was asking myself, why? Why do I always get involved with men that only want to control and hurt me?

You'd think that after all this time, I'd be able to tell the difference and choose a better option.
Apparently not.

My phone vibrated, it said Colson.
I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone in that moment but Colson has been nothing but good to me, so I wouldn't even dream of ignoring him.

"Hey." I picked up, putting it on speaker as I started the car. I was hoping the noise would conceal the fact that I've been sobbing because of Frankie again.

"Hey, bubble."

"Hi, boba." I was struggling to keep it together.

"What's wrong?"
Ah, he just knows me too well.

"Nothing." I replied with my little voice.

"Mhm, a whole lot of nothing, I hear."
He said. "Where you at?"

"In the car."

"Travelling west?"

I chuckled. "I was hoping to."

"Tori and I will be waiting for you ... with cupcakes."

"Thank you."

"You never have to thank me. Just get here safe."

I was quiet for a moment, just thinking how I couldn't have moved and inch in life without him.
He's such a great friend.

"You there?"

"Yeah, sorry." I said. "I'm on my way."