XXIII

For lunch Minho makes pumpkin lasagne Butternut  squash casseroles and peach cobbler as the side dish. Yeonjun had been missing Minho's made food forever so he doesn't leave a trace on the plate
The afternoon passes by playing videogames and watching some short films.
They doesn't talk much but activities were relevant.

When the sun was about to set Minho offers Yeonjun to the rooftop and Yeonjun without delaying follows him up .The sky looks luminous with the orange hue taking over the theme. It's a pretty evening with bold, brilliant, and rich in color and
light breezes which makes it calmer.

Their apartment is not in  downside of the city so there's not much to worry about the noise pollution.
After sitting on one of the benches
Minho takes out the packet of cigarettes from his packet and picks one out of those sticks and allows Yeonjun to pick one.

Minho rests his arms on one of his thigh and leans forward, his gaze never leaving Yeonjun's. The intensity of his eyes made it difficult for Yeonjun to look away. As Yeonjun gaze shifts away from Minho, he finds himself unable to shake off the lingering impression of Minho's captivating eyes.
"I know things aren't perfect between us but ignorance is never the solution. It's better to be solved than to run away. " Minho admits solemnly and puffs on the cigarette.
Yeonjun knew this was coming. He was ready for the conversation
So grappling with a multitude of thoughts and emotions Yeonjun finally speaks "life's about ups and downs."He  whews and blows out the smoke "but giving up is also not the tribute. I don't know the reason for you to finally speak on our edgy relationship but I'm ready for any conclusion you wanna come up with. " Yeonjun blankly stares at the colorful sky. But his gaze remains intent on the flock of birds returning to home. He wishes to be one  of them.

Minho remains silent till he comes up  with a thoughtful answer.
"I want us to be like before. Hale and hearted. " He says wisely.

A myriad of emotions flickers across Yeonjun's face. He didn't know if he were to be excited,sad or just plain. It was not like he didn't want the same but something makes him contemplate to say me too immediately.
"I don't know from where to start Minho." He looks at Minho with his indecipherable eyes and keeps his cigarette aside. For a while he forgets to puff.

Minho feels an extra weight on his chest. Well, more accurately, his entire nervous system. The good term is gone and, with it, the infinite  mortal drawings and phrases. Some semblance of torture. "Me neither. But there's always a way. I'll try to rectify my mistakes. I know it was me who ruined shit " he admits "but I'll be better." He concludes with a gentle smile.
The cigarette in his hand forgotten.

Minho's cryptic wisdom only adds to the swirling confusion in Yeonjun's mind.. "Let's see ." Yeonjun replies unsurely. He's still progressing.  He questions his own sanity, wondering why he was so consumed by analyzing Minho's emotions based on his words . He realizes the absurdity of it
all, yet couldn't resist the compulsion to continue observing. Amidst his self-awareness, Yeonjun cannot tear his gaze away from Minho.

"We'll start from today. "
As Minho gingerly attempts to rise from resting his hand on his thigh,he cast a brief glance at Yeonjun, his
expression a mix of pain and assurance.He  takes out a bracelet from his pocket..
It's a bracelet surrounded by colorful shells.
"I've bought this for you when I went to Jeju island on a trip with my friends last month but I couldn't bring myself to give you this. I never got the chance. " He asks for Yeonjun's hand in an attempt to put the bracelet on his wrist. But Yeonjun's still wearing the bracelet he got last night. What a weird game of destiny. Yeonjun thinks himself.
It's a situation that he cannot say no directly on Minho's face neither he wants to remove the wristband before getting some certain answers from soobin. It just doesn't feels right to remove it . But Minho's does eyes is something Yeonjun cannot say no to.
He's in a riddle ride.
So he attempts to extend his right hand .
"No not this one. Give me your left hand." Minho complains. Yes Yeonjun knew it was coming.seeing no other options he finally shows up his left hand. "It's a friendship bracelet taehyun and I are matching. If I remove it he'll be mad so I'll ask him tomorrow and remove it then I can wear yours." Yeonjun blurts out in an instance.

Minho's chuckle resonates through the air, a sound that seemed to hold a hint of
genuine amusement.  "taehyun doesn't seems like a person to wear matching friendship bracelets." He can't stop laughing. "but again he's just a kid. But you can literally wear this along with that ?"

"No." How can Yeonjun wear his ex and his present's gift together. It sounds so wrong.yeonjun  knows better that he could've just removed the one he's wearing without lying yet he traces every memory back to his smile, his penchant for Soobin's craft his half-hearted mockery of him getting distracted, Soobin's sweet face,the sticky note from yesterday, everything feels so enigmatic that Yeonjun cannot just overlook it .

"Alright sweetheart. Let's just ask taehyun and I'm sure he won't launch a complain against you if you remove that." Minho continues with his giggles. It was Yeonjun's childishness for him . He's happy to see that side and be able to refinance their weak course.

                         ๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑