Angelo's Pov

Hello po! Wala po talaga akong planong magsulat ng pov ni Angelo pero marupok po kasi ako, may nagbigay ng essay sa akin tapos 20 reason daw po para bigyan ng pov si Angelo. Hayst, ang hirap mahing uto2 😔

Anyways, since may iba na klase na tomorrow, I'm giving you this gift! Also my gift din sa inyo kasi ang bilis nating umabot sa 6k :))

***

Angelo

Everybody deserves a second chance.

Hindi ako nagsisising nakilala ko si Hendrik. He was the one who saved me when I thought I lost that chance.

It was when I thought life doesn't give a shit about me that I thought ending it would make everything clearer. But when he approached me and shot the rope I was about to commit myself to death, I stopped to punch him.

Sinuntok ko siya dahil pinigilan niya akong gawin ang dati ko pa gustong gawin. Sinira niya ang pisi na alam kong magbibigay ng huling kalayaan sa akin. He let me punch him until I stopped and glared at him.

"Sabi nila bobo ako, hindi ko alam na may mas bobo pa pala sa akin." Iyon ang sinabi niya nang tumigil ako sa pagsuntok.

"Hindi ako bobo." I glared at him.

"Bobo ka. Sa tingin mo mawawala lahat ng problema mo kapag ginawa mo 'yan?" Inilingan niya ako na parang gano'n na ako katanga sa paningin niya.

"Oo."

He shook his head in disappointment. "Bobo ka nga. Hahayaan mo nalang na mamatay kang ganyan ka miserable? Sayang lang 'yang buhay mo." Iyon ang huli niyang sinabi sa akin bago niya ako tinalikuran.

That day, I didn't continue what I thought I carefully planned out. Plano kong mamatay sa gitna ng kagubatan, napakatanga 'di ba? Pero wala akong ibang maisip kundi ang makita iyon ng pinakamamahal kong ina na walang pakealam sa buhay ng sarili niyang anak.

My mother loves roaming around the forest. She loves taking a morning and afternoon walk and I wanted her to see my body, hanging on the tree one day, that'll traumatize her for good. In that way, she'll stop doing forest walks. 

Because that walk led her to my fucking father, impregnate her, threw her away, and made me a fucking human being in this world. It led her to insanity. I never wanted to live, she never wanted me to live. And I hate that fact. I wanted to end it.

When I met Hendrik... I didn't see him as someone dumb as he liked to emphasize.

He was a normal boy who wanted to avoid learning. Who was traumatized by it. Who hated truths and was comforted with lies. He wanted to remain in the dark to protect himself because he'd rather be dumb than to be smart who knew will lead him to his death. At least by being dumb, he will know nothing about his close death. He won't be as apprehensive as someone who knew his death is coming.

Hendrik was the type of boy who wanted to live despite his toxic surrounding.

I know because I followed him after that day. I observed him. Watched his father lock him in a cage as if he's a bird, watch his stepmom manipulate and abuse him verbally. I watched it all.

Yet he didn't even think of the thought that has been bugging me my whole life. Death.

Instead, he smile and ride his horse to some girl's house. Interact with her as if he doesn't have any wounds on his back. Laugh with her as if he didn't cry whole night inside a cage. Talk to her as if he wasn't abused by his stepmom.

He was strong. Not physically, but emotionally and mentally. I wanted to be like him. To find light despite the dark surrounding.

So when that day come when he lost his lover, I was there.