Prologue

Prologue

There is always a perfect size of shoe that fits perfectly in your feet.

Because some shoes are meant to fit with you, while most belongs to someone else. However, there is no shoe that fits perfectly in me, maybe because I chose not to wear what was meant for me? Or maybe, I was forced to.

Just like how I've always dreamt of wearing sandals or heels but always end up with a pair of black shoes that doesn't fit right with my size.

"Stop slacking around, pretty boy and do your job." Natauhan ako sa boses ni Angelo. I straightened my back and shifted my attention away from the pair of sandals displayed on a store.

"Sir, yes, sir."

Hindi siya nagsalita at iniwan na ako sa posisyon ko para mabantayan ang boss namin na hanggang ngayon ay kinakausap pa rin ang sales lady tungkol sa plano niyang bilhin na sapatos para sa babaeng pakakasalan niya.

My heart unknowingly squeezed at the thought of the woman he's going to marry.

This is wrong. So so wrong.

He's my boss, and I'm a mere bodyguard. I should be professional and separate intimate feelings from work. Except that I was a fool that I didn't know how to filter out these gruesome feelings.

I didn't know when the fuck did I start to have feelings for him again. All I know was that one day, I woke up, blushing over his mere gaze and teases.

Like damn him, bakit araw-araw niya kasi akong inaasar? It's infuriating and annoying, and I don't know why the fuck did I fall for that motherfucker.

Mahina siya, bobo siya, oo, guwapo siya, but he's far from my type! My type had always been a smart moreno filipino man who loves combat, except that I fell for a tall, foreigner young man who loves to play around. Plus, he's a dumb ass. A fucking opposite of my type.

Or maybe that was just an excuse I kept telling myself. An excuse that I have traits I like about a man opposite to him when in fact... it's always been him. Always.

"Pwede pumasok? Nakakainip na." I couldn't help but voice it out. It has been an hour and a half since he was inside that fucking botique for his fiancée just to buy a pair of fucking shoes.

Forgive the curses, I just fucking hate this situation. Especially him and his fucking fiancée.

"Stay on your ground, you wimp." Angelo warned me.

I stared at him pointedly, he stared at me with a warn. Trust me, I do respect him as my senior. But sometimes, I was just there meant to defy his commands.

So I went in. With of course, his curses that follow through.

"Welcome to our botique, sir!" A woman welcomed me but I spare her no glance.

"So you mean, there's no perfect size for this shoe that fits for my fiancée?"

My ears rang like from that of an after bomb explosion and my mind almost went berserk with the use of his words but I remained stoic.

The sales lady looked apologetic. She glanced at me and her posture straightened, suddenly intimidated by my presence. Nilingon ako ni Erik. His eyes widened when he saw my presence.

"Ci! Matagal ba ako?" He immediately put the shoe down so he could run close to me.

See? Who wouldn't fall for that? He acted like he forgot about the whole damn shoes and saw no one but me.

Fuck him.

I would love to.

Umiling ako sa naisip. Damn you, Ci.