𝟯𝟭 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴

"fuck, layla, get off of her." stella heard an australian voice shout. she then felt a wet tongue licking the sides of her cheeks. she wiped her face in disgust as she opened her eyes to see a familiar golden retriever on her chest.

suddenly, her head ached as she sat up and let her eyes adjust to the bright room. she rubbed her eyes in pain as she brought her knees to her chest.

jacob came over and picked the dog off of her lap and to see if she was alright. stella just stared at him in shock when she felt the weight off of her. he stared back in confusion. they stayed like that for a while.

"ermm are you alright?" jacob asked her, setting layla down near the kitchen.

"what am i doing here?" she asked, ignoring his question as she looked him up in down. he was wearing work out gear so he must've went on a walk with layla.

"you don't remeber?" he asked with a humor laced in his voice.

she shook her head and he talked again, "well you had your kat stratford moment."

her eyes widened as her mind immediately thought of the brown haired girl from 10 things i hate about you dancing on the table at a party.

"no.." she groaned as she threw her head back on the couch cushion.

"so, you're sure you don't remember anything else?" he asks, sitting next to her, layla jumping on his lap.

she shook her head with a straight line as she tried to think of the adventures she could only guess last last night was. "the last thing i remember is getting a drink from delaney then walking to the living room. i just started taking drinks from people who looked finished."

"yeah figures." he mumbles as he looks at the dog in his lap and pets her.

"wait ,why do you ask though."

he cleared his throat before rubbing the back of his neck, "well you apologized to me, and then you kissed me."

she looked at him with a confused face. she then blinked before shaking her head and bringing her knees back down. "jacob, i-i was drunk no way you thought i would do it then. and kiss you? you let drunk me kiss you?"

"well i don't know stella," he shook his head and looked into her greenish eyes, "you act really sober when you're drunk sometimes."

her confused face got more theatrical as she cocked her head, "baby that don't even make any sense."

he leaned his head back in frustration, "you know what i mean."

she widened her eyes for a split second before getting and up going to his kitchen. he brought his head back up and watched her go in there in his clothes that he ended up changing her into.

she probably didn't even realized she was wearing one of his band tees and black boxers that fit loose on her waist as she reached into his medicine cabinet. she pulled out a bottle of tylenol and started to talk.

"i didn't mean it like that." she said as she looked at him, "i just don't know what i said last night so i don't know how true my words are. i mean, i don't even know if im sorry. i spoke my truth."

he sighed at her words. she was right. she had every right to not be sorry. he knew he falls too quickly for her. i mean, how could he not?! she was everything he's ever wanted and he ruined that because he let sydney's seductions work on him.

"i get that.. do you want me to drive you home?" he stood up and started to walk over to her.

she finished swallowing her pill with the water and shook her head no. "it's so boring at my house. i'd like to spend time with you, i mean you were my best friend and i want to keep that way. no lovey dovey shit."

"well you don't need to do much for a while." he suggested.

"why?" she asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"you uh hit your head real hard last night. you fell down the stairs."

her eyes widened as she felt the back of her head. she felt a bump and gasped. "and you didn't take me to a hospital?!"

he threw his hand up, surrendering, "last time you passed out and i brought you home, you were okay!"

"okay well last time was because i consumed too much fucking alcohol and dealt that that asshole, not hit my head on a wooden stair!"

"chill stella, you're fine now." he said in a calmer tone, "plus you didn't even know or complained when you woke up, which proves."

she shook her head and bent down to scratch an itch above her knee. when she looked down pass the boxers, her brain registered that she was wearing his clothes as pjs.

"and i'm wearing your clothes! you're something else jacob." she huffed as she walked past him and back to his living room.

"okay well i knew you didn't want to sleep in that little dress you were wearing." he followed her

"yeah but i wasn't conscious when you undressed me!" she plopped down on the couch.

he stayed standing, "it wasn't like i was gonna do anything! i was just looking out for you. i always am. why can't you see that?"

she sighed and looked away from him towards a window overlooking his side garden, "i do jacob. it's just i don't want to."

"why though?" he asked sadly as he sat next to her, causing her to look back at his brown eyes.

"because i'm broken, jacob. i can't explain but when im with you, i just can't help but think of all you did to me. it's like im a plate you shattered that can't be put back together." she watched his face fall then continued, "you were my best friend. and you ruined that. i don't think ill ever get over the pain you put me through. at nights i would stare into my mirror, disgusted at myself because i didn't have huge boobs like sydney or i didn't have her beautiful face. and to make it worse, you get with chandler who you knew was a fucking bully. so i don't know jacob. maybe that's why i don't want to see all the good things you do because i don't want to fall in love with you again."

"stella.." his voice trailed as he went to put his hand on her thigh.

"save it." she said as she scoffed and stood up, "i need to leave."