Chapter 17

"You know it's like 30 degrees outside,right?" Grey asked me when I walked into his room.

"Well,crap..." I said.

"Oh yeah,there's a bonfire at Rye's house tonight,do you wanna come with me?"

"Sure," I said,sitting down next to Grey,"but I need to go home and get a sweatshirt or at least a jacket first."

"No,you can wear one of mine." Grey said.

"But I don't wanna take your sweatshirt!" I protested.

"But I want you to take it." he said.He walked over to his dresser and pulled a sweatshirt out,"Will this one be okay?" he asked.I nodded my head without even looking at the sweatshirt,I didn't care which one it was.

The sweatshirt he handed me was his baseball sweatshirt from eighth grade,the others would probably be way too big because Grey is so much taller than me.

_________________________________________

It was time to leave for the bonfire at Rye's house,I was wondering who all would be there.It would probably be most of the basketball teams,golf team,and baseball team.

"Who all is gonna be at the bonfire?" I asked Grey.

"Uhm,I'm not completely sure.Not very many though." he replied.Grey had on a Nike sweatshirt,jeans,his basketball shoes,and a snapback; in my opinion,he looked really freaking cute.

"Well,thanks.You too." he said,chuckling.

"What?" I questioned.

"You said that I look really freaking cute." he said,still laughing.

"Oh," I said,starting to blush," I didn't mean to say that out loud." Grey kept laughing,"It's not funny!" I said.

"I'm sorry for laughing at you," he said,"I love you."

"I love you too." I said,smiling at him.Suddenly,my phone started ringing,I looked at the Caller ID ; Mom.Shit,shit,shit,fucking shit.I didn't tell her that I was going over to Grey's house.

I answered my phone,only to be yelled at.

"Where are you at?" my mom yelled,sounding mad as hell.

"Mom,I'm sorry.I forgot to call you,I stayed at a friend's house last night,and we're going to a bonfire at Rye's house."

"Who's house did you stay at?" she asked,"Did you stay at Grey's house last night?"

"Yes,I promise I'll be home after the bonfire."

"It's fine,you don't have to come home." Bipolar much? "You can stay at Grey's house again tonight if it's okay with him and his parents."

"Bye mom,love you." I said,hanging up quickly.

"Was that your mom?" Grey asked.

"Yes,and she's fuc- freaking bipolar." I said,trying to stop myself from cussing because I knew that Grey hated it.We arrived at Rye's house and Grey and I walked into the house with our fingers intertwined.

"Aww,there's the happy couple!" Makayleigh said.She walked past Grey and whispered,"You break my little cousin's heart and I'll screw up your face."

I chuckled at her and said,"1.You need to learn how to whisper,2.You will not screw up his face ; he's way too cute."