Chapter 8 - The Union's Assistance

A/N: Howdy, its been a long time since I uploaded a chapter. This chapter took awhile because I was playing too much Rusted Warfare mods, ass deep in novelupdates and ffn, and was too busy dealing with preparations for school.

All round a fun time :)

With that brief explanation out of the way, I hope you guys enjoy my filler chapter and I'll see you around.
____________________________________
Embassy of the United States, Manila
Republic of the Philippines

"-And that's the whole after-action report on the Philippine government's decisions and actions on the nation of Louria in defense of the nation of Qua-Toyne." Lieutenant General Michael Montgomery said as he closed the folder and gave it to George Halsey, the ambassador-turned-president. The steel gaze of the man turned to the folder as he opened and read through its contents.

News of the battle of the frontier town called Gim in the Principality of Qua-Toyne, a nation that the Filipinos have formed a sort of diplomatic and trade relations with, have arrived in the country. People from all over the republic has heard the battle and its bloody outcome as a pyrrhic and tactical victory yet a strategic defeat for the Qua-Toynans.

Halsey heard the news a day after the battle. Details were scarce since it was just recent and had only been a day after its conclusion. It took 3 days for more details of the battle to arrive.

The battle started like your common medieval battle, two armies clashing swords. Though the battle was also mixed with Napoleonic-style line warfare. But it was the Filipinos that changed the battle.

Through air strikes only, the Filipinos were able to give the Qua-Toynans, a name looked so easy yet so hard to pronounce, ample time to both reorganize and set up defenses while weakening the Lourian invasion force considerably. Halsey was impressed by this feat, to the point they're almost ranked along side Rolling Thunder, the bombing of North Vietnam's military infrastructure, air defenses, logistics hubs and the Ho Chi Min Trail back in the Vietnam War.

Not to mention, they bombarded the enemy without the use of GPS, which all planes use for precision bombing and navigation. And better yet, without suffering any friendly fire. Maybe because of their counter-terrorism operations in Mindanao had trained their pilots to this extent without the use of GPS.

And with the quick evacuation of the remaining civilian population, Halsey aplauded the Filipinos and their quick actions on this town called Gim.

"I'm surprised of the lack of civilian distress when they're being evacuated." The UN Ambassador to the Philippine Republic, Aron Wikstrom said with eyebrows raised in amazement as he quietly sat on the couch.

"They're civilians from the medieval to pre-industrial revolution." The man on other side, Rear Admiral Carl Whitmore, pointed out. "Most of their concerns would be their survival."

"So, what's the point of this meeting, Mr. President?" The American rear admiral asked as he looks at the Halsey. "I can understand since this is a report on the defense operation conducted by the Filipinos. But how does it entails to us, as a neutral state within this war, being affected by it?"

"Well, first off, this war affects the resources that the Filipinos imports from the Qua-Toyne Principality." Halsey pointed out. "Since the republic imports a lot of their resources from the Qua-Toynans, stopping the flow of rare earth minerals and crude oil from going to the factories would stop any production of consumer products and the flow of gas for vehicles."

"If this were to occur, we would also be hit by increasing gas prices. Not to mention, we would have to cease the use of our own gas for our vehicles." He added. "All in all, not a good thing, especially when the Philippine government has begun rationing fuel."