Chapter 28

•~

•~

"Well isn't this a sight for sore eyes."

•~

Season 4 Episode 6

-

Season 4 Episode 7

Days had passed since Niklaus's departure in search for the hunter's sword.

And everything had gone to hell.

Eloisa and Caroline had mostly stayed out of the drama that resonated within the town, twirling around the alluring new born vampire and her almost two hundred years old boyfriends. The hunter Niklaus was keeping hostage had broken free, captured three humans in the Grill, which inevitably led to his death despite Stefan's interest in keeping him alive for he needed his mark in order to cure his precious girlfriend and fix her.

Which didn't sit right with Eloisa, but who was she to judge?

His brother had told Elena to kill the hunter, and that she did. Which of course, her human heart could not take, so she did her very best to compensate.

But a hunter does not rest even in death. It wasn't long before Elena attempted to murder her own brother, having conjured up a picture of Connor in his place instead, and poor Jeremy Gilbert paid the price of her insanity. Luckily for the sibling duo, the teenager was wearing his ring, which eventually caused him to awaken from his temporary slumber.

Even so, the hallucinations didn't get any better. Elena had almost attacked the Salvatore brothers, and was refusing to leave her bedroom, frightened of the things she could do to the ones she loved most, not allowing any of them near her.

And that is how, Elena Gilbert had ended up locked in one of the dungeons Klaus Mikaelson had reserved in his family home.

Well, Eloisa preferred to call it their guest room, albeit it was in their basement, but it was quite cosy for her liking.

The young witch leaned against the doorframe, watching the young vampire take in her surroundings with confusion written across her features as Klaus stood behind her, satisfaction radiating off of him.

"I apologize for the lack of windows, it's to preserve the art."Klaus mused, finding the situation quite humorous.

Who knew little Elena Gilbert had it in her to actually murder someone? The sweet and innocent soul.

Who had let the ones she loved most die at the expense of her life being saved, yet here she was, taking those same lives.

How ironic.

Eloisa snickered at her husband's commentary, causing Elena to whip around, glaring at the blonde who rose an eyebrow at the sudden arrogance.

"And of course to prevent you from taking off your daylight ring and burning yourself to death in the sun,"