Chapter 57: Our Home

"How the fuck am I supposed to get your sorry fucking ass back to Hell now? This is fucking ridiculous!" Lute was trying to pace angrily, but the fucking sand on the fucking beach was motherfucking everywhere and she just kept sinking into it. Turning to the woman a few feet away, she said, "Um? Hello? Remember me? I'm fucking talking to you."

Lilith didn't even look up. She responded with nothing but a middle finger.

Lute rolled her eyes and groaned, stomping over to where the first woman was silently laying on a towel in the sand. "Are you paying any attention? The extermination is canceled. There's a fucking archangel involved. And do you know who he's meeting with?"

The woman said nothing. Lute smiled and said, "He's meeting with your daughter. About how she's threatening the safety of Heaven. Do you think she's going to back down?" Walking in front of Lilith, the exorcist cast an angel-shaped shadow onto the demon queen and added, "Or do you think she'll fight? She fought us and won because her daddy had her back. But do you really think she can win against the archangels? "

Lilith sighed and took off her sunglasses. Her lavender eyes took a moment to adjust to the brightness of Heaven's eternally lit sky, but once they did, she looked up at Lute and said, "And how exactly do you expect me to do anything about it if the portal isn't going to be opened for Extermination Day? I'm as stuck here as you are, Lutey."

"I told you not to call me that," Lute growled. "You're the Queen of Hell. How do you not have some other way to get back there?"

Rolling her eyes at the raging exorcist, Lilith said, "Don't you have some other way to Hell?"

"Why the fuck would I have some other way to Hell?!" Lute shouted. She was starting to get really frustrated with her. Why Adam ever wanted this useless piece of sinner trash there was absolutely fucking beyond the exorcist's reasoning.

Lilith put her sunglasses back on and laid down again. "You're telling me Sera let you come to Hell all those times? I don't buy it, Lutey."

The angel was just about ready to put a fucking spear through this woman, but the demon queen's shitty comments did cause a memory to play in Lute's mind. One from far far back.

"You want to go where?? " I shook my head and put up my hands. "No way, neither one of us should ever do that! Why would you even say that?"

"Oh come on, please?" Adam whined. "Look, I'm gonna go whether you come or not, but I really don't want to go alone."

"What do you mean? How would you even get there??" I asked. I mean, there's no way he could actually have a way to get to Hell, right? Right??

"If you agree to come with me, I'll show you." He said with a smile.

He always got me with that smile. I could never say no to him, not that I ever wanted to. I didn't really know how I ended up as the right-hand assistant of the first man, but it was amazing. Adam was sweet and fun to be around, I couldn't have asked for a better role in Heaven.

And as his right-hand... I really couldn't let him go someplace that might be dangerous all alone. I sighed and said, "Alright, sir. But we're just going to take a quick look and then we're coming right back. "

"Yes! We'll be quick. In and out. I just wanna see what it's like." Adam said excitedly. Then he turned and started to fly in the direction of his hidden doorway to Hell while I cautiously followed behind him.