Chapter 68: Reunited

"Alastor? Alastor??" Lucifer was kneeling on the floor in an entirely destroyed room in the hotel with the unconscious radio demon in his arms, and he felt entirely lost. None of this made sense.

After his very abrupt return from Ozzies, the king had walked into total chaos. Sinners were fleeing from the building, everything was destroyed, and the sound of fighting led him there to that room. To the most incomprehensible scene he could've imagined. To Alastor at the end of Lilith's chain.

"Lucifer?" Lilith's expression went from murderous to confused as she watched the king tear off the angelic rope that had been binding Alastor's hands. "What are you doing?"

The furious king turned towards his ex-wife with a burning wrath in his eyes. "What am I doing?? What the fuck are you doing?? I was gone for three fucking days, Lil! Three days! How the fuck did this happen??" Looking down at the glowing collar around his unconscious partner's neck, Lucifer whispered, "... You own his soul? Lilith, what the fuck?"

The queen's tone quickly went from confused to outraged as she snarled back at him, "So what if I own his soul?! Look at what he did! Everything you see is his doing!! That sinner is a threat to everyone around him and he needs to be contained, now." The golden collar disappeared from Alastor's neck as Lilith opened up a portal to someplace entirely dark. Turning to Lucifer, she said, "Put him in."

The king pulled the radio demon closer to his chest, absolutely horrified at the thought of 'containing' Alastor in some prison of Lilith's making. "No, absolutely fucking not. No. You can't sit here and tell me that he just went berserk for no fucking reason, Lil. He's never acted like this before. He was perfectly normal until the moment you showed up!"

The more he spoke, the angrier he became at the entire situation and everyone involved. Trying to keep himself from absolutely exploding, he asked in a quiet but serious tone, "Lilith, what did you do to him?"

The queen was pissed, Lucifer could tell. But he didn't give a single shit about how angry she got, not with Alastor covered in blood and unconscious in his arms. Looking down at the demon, he seemed so... vulnerable. So weak. Seeing his partner this way, Lucifer's already exasperated emotional state just about broke him.

Standing from where he had caught Alastor as he lost consciousness, the king looked at Lilith and said, "We can talk about this later. Right now I-"

But he stopped when the queen resummoned the golden collar and pulled on the chain hard enough to almost yank the demon right out of Lucifer's arms. The intense fury that rose in the fallen angel's soul at even the idea that someone was trying to take Alastor away from him after he'd only just gotten him back absolutely sent him over the edge.

Grabbing the glowing chain with one hand, Lucifer stared directly into Lilith's livid, lavender eyes as his grip heated the links of the chain until they melted unto a substance so hot it evaporated away into the Hellish air. She could have resummoned it, of course, but her rage seemed just as palpable as Lucifer's as she turned her anger towards him.

"Are you fucking kidding me , Lucifer??" Lilith was yelling now, sounding absolutely enraged. "How the fuck are you okay with this behavior, with putting Charlie in danger like this? How can you just accept that a violent psychopath is living under the same roof as our daughter?!"

Still holding the unconscious Alastor in his arms, Lucifer's form began to get more and more demonic as the queen spoke. Wisps of fire were radiating from the king's skin and his horns had emerged with a ball of flames between them. The ground beneath his feet was beginning to burn, but he couldn't have cared less if he tried.