CHAPTER: 4

It's the afternoon of the sleepover. I'm excited for it but mainly only excited to hang out with Haerin. It's her first time hanging out with me and the girls so hopefully she'll have a good time. Mom and Dad are currently on a business trip right now so Hanni and I have the whole house to ourselves. Even though Hanni is older, I'm the more responsible sister, so I'm usually in charge of sleepovers.

"Hello?" I answered when Hanni called me.

"Dani! I'm currently at Minji's house. She'll be picking up everyone and we'll all arrive together."

"Okay, sounds good. Bye Hanni!"

"Adios!"

I hung up and sighed. I'll be home alone for a while. I will call Haerin and see if she can come over now instead of later. I started to dial her number.

"Kitty?"

"Danielle unnie! What's up?"

"It sounds hectic over there, where are you?"

"Taking my dog, Bangguel, for a walk in the park."

"I see. Anyways, I was calling to see if you're okay with coming over now instead of later. Hanni is at Minji's, so I'm lonely." I pouted even though Haerin couldn't see it.

"Awh, okay! I'll drop off Bangguel at my house and walk to your house. See you soon!"

"Alright, bye!"

I changed into an oversized T-shirt with shorts. I slipped on black knee high socks for fun. I quickly tidied up the place and made sure everything looked ready. Fifteen minutes later, the doorbell rang.

Kang Haerin has arrived.

I jogged downstairs but carefully so I won't slip since I have socks on.

"HAERINNNNNN!!!!" I yelled happily as I hugged her.

"Hi, Danielle!" She greeted me. I stepped aside so she could enter.

"Wow, your place looks really nice," She said in awe as she examined the inside of my house.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed.

"Let's go to my house, you can put your bag in there," I said.

"Awesome, okay!" She replied with excitement. I took her hand and led her to my room.

As we entered my room, Haerin's jaws dropped when she first saw it.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" I said.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" She exclaimed. She placed her bag on my chair and we both sat down on my bed.

"Thanks for coming earlier, Haerin," I said as I wrapped my arms around her.

'It's no problem, Danielle. Besides, more time spent with you," She sighed. I smiled softly.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"Um, what can we do?"

"We can watch a movie," I suggested.

"Ooh, okay!" She agreed.

"Do you want to watch it in the theater, living room, or in the bedroom?" I asked.

"Wait, hold up. You have a fucking theater?!" She exclaimed.

"Yep! We only use it for family movie nights or when we have company," I explained.

"Let's fucking watch it in the theater!" She yelled as she stood up.

"You're so cute, kitty. Let's go, take my hand and follow me," I said. We walked to the theater. When we arrived, Dahyun looked like a kid arriving at Disney for the first time.

"What movie should we watch?" She asked.

"There are plenty of choices on the shelf over there. You can pick whichever one you want," I replied. Dahyun walked over and skimmed through the different movies.

"How about Clueless?" She asked.

"What a classic! Here, I'll insert it in," I said as I took the DVD and inserted it into the player. I hopped into a recliner.

"Haerin, sit with me please," I said in an aegyo tone.

"I don't think I can squeeze in there, Danielle," She pointed out.

"I know, silly. That's why I want you to sit on my lap," I said as I tapped on my lap. Haerin just stood there like a deer with headlights.

"Come on, Haerin. I'm waiting," I pouted cutely. She finally gave in and sat on my lap.

"Your hair smells nice, Danielle," She said. I giggled.

"Agh, I can't get over how cute you are!" I exclaimed.

"You tell me this everyday, Danielle," She chuckled.

"To remind you so you never forget," I replied as I rested my head against hers. Haerin smiled at me and continued to watch the movie.

-Time skip-

"Kitty, wake up."

"Hm..?" She groaned.

"We fell asleep, everyone will be here in five minutes. Hanni texted me," I said. Haerin stretched and cuddled me.

"You know, Danielle..." Haerin began. I hummed in response.

"I feel like I've known you for so long but it's only been a month," She said.

"I feel the same way, too. You're special to me, Haerin," I muttered. Dahyun rested her head on my shoulder, still on my lap.

"You're very beautiful, Danielle," She said.

"You are, too," I replied. Nothing was said after that. Haerin and I just stared at each other. Haerin to me is definitely not a friend, she is more than that.

Haerin all of the sudden leans in slowly. I know what this is leading up to, we're about to kiss. I received the memo and started to lean in closer, too.

"I found them- Oh shit!" Minji yelled. Haerin and I quickly pulled away. Haerin and I were in our little world, so we didn't notice that Hanni arrived back home with the girls.

"Why the fuck did you scream, Minji?" Hanni groaned as she entered the theater, followed by Hyein.

"Aah, I see. I think Minji interrupted something," Hyein smirked. Haerin buried her face into my neck.

"Shut up Hyein," I said as we both got up.

"Let's meet up at the usual spot, okay?" Haerin and I will be down in a second," I informed them.

"Got it! We'll be out of your hair so you guys can get it on!" Hanni exclaimed. I threw a pillow at her as she left. It is now just Haerin and I.

"Uh, Haerin-"

I got interrupted by something called Haerin's lips. She kissed me. We're kissing, right now. I never knew how much I was craving this, craving this specific moment. I never knew Haerin felt the same way. I wouldn't want anything other than this. I feel alive, invincible. All because of just one kiss...

I mentally smiled.

Kang Haerin, you're full of surprises.

—————————

Vote or imma eat you