CHAPTER: 18

"Come on, Haerin! As of last night, I can tell you really enjoyed yourself," Eunchae said.

"Eunchae, I was fucking drunk!" Haerin scoffed as she found her clothes.

Eunchae sighed loudly.

"Okay look, Eunchae, I don't want to do anything with you. My heart belongs to Danielle and Danielle only. She's the one I love. I made the biggest mistake even trying to forgive you, I was too blind to see that you weren't changing anytime soon," Haerin explained, "Last night was a mistake. I was so dumb to let alcohol take full control of my body. Yes, I wanted to let loose but I overdid it. Now, I probably ruined the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Bullshit," Eunchae muttered under her breath.

Haerin quickly changed back into the clothes she had.

"I'm leaving and I'm not looking back. You already got what you wanted okay? Me all to yourself, under your commands. You're dominant. I just hope you realize that this- this whole thing is just stupid," Haerin stated before she gathered all her stuff.

"Wait no, don't leave! You don't have a ride!" Eunchae exclaimed, chasing after Haerin.

Dahyun turned around sharply, "LOOK!"

Eunchae flinched and stopped.

"I don't care anymore. You got what you've been craving for which results in me losing the best person in my life right now. You win, Euncahe. Is that what you wanted to hear? You won," Haerin softly said, her voice cracking a little due to her tearing up.

Haerin left Eunchae's house, leaving Eunchae dumbfounded.

Haerin ran. She ran away from the hell she went through. She messed up badly. She messed it up when things were getting better.

She reached her house and stood in front of it. She didn't want to face Danielle, but she also wanted to. She owed her a huge explanation. She walked slowly towards the house and twisted the doorknob. She was greeted by her mother sitting on one of the dining chairs, sipping tea and flipping through a magazine. Her dog, Banggeul, was sleeping soundly on the couch.

"Mom..." Haerin sniffled.

Her mom looked up. She had an emotionless face but her eyes were soft. She got up and sighed before walking towards Haerinl

"Where's Danielle..?" Haerin asked.

"She left," Her mom responded.

Haerin's jaw dropped and her eyes widened.

"She left? W-what do you mean by that?" Haerin worriedly asked.

"Late last night she came home looking like a mess and told me she was packing up her stuff and leaving," Haeirn's mom explained, "She also told me everything."

Haerin started to cry. SHe hugged her mom and sobbed on her shoulder.

"M-Mom... I messed up badly," Haerin sobbed.

"Haerin, everyone makes mistakes. You just happened to stumble across a really big one," Haerin started to cry harder, "But, it'll be okay. It's not too late to make things right."

"I-I don't even know where she ran off to," Haerin stuttered.

"Ask all of your friends. I'm sure one of them knows," Haerin's mom assured.

"Are you sure she wants to forgive me?" Haerin asked.

"Well, I don't know. I don't know how Danielle is feeling right now. That's Danielle's choice to make, okay?"

Haerin sighed, "I-I just can't believe I did something so awful and in the wrong timing."

"Don't sulk around, Haerin. Fight for her. I can tell how much you love her and by the looks of it, she loves you too."

Haerin nodded and walked lazily upstairs. She entered her bedroom and saw that Danielle really did leave. Her stuff was nowhere to be found. Haerin walked over to her bed and fell face first. She happened to fall on top of Danielle's usual pillow, which still had Danielle's scent. She remembers the first time she woke up with Danielle by her side.

"I want to stay cuddle up like this with you," Danielle said as she tightened the grip of her arms.

"As much as I want to, we can't. Tonight we can cuddle as long as we want," Haerin assured.

"But, I want to be attached to you like this forever," Danielle whined.

"Danielle, we'll be late for school," Haerin said as she checked the time.

"Ugh, you're no fun," Danielle groaned. Haerin giggled.

Haerin screamed into the pillow to let out her anger. She started to cry again. She really misses Danielle. She decided to call Hanni to see if she has an idea of where Danielle went. After all, she is her best friend and step sister.

"Hello?"

"Hanni- It's Haerin-"

"Goodbye."

"Wait no! Please, don't hang up."

"What do you want, Haerin? You want to cheat on me, too?"

"I know what I did was wrong-"

"Hell yeah it was!"

"B-But, I was drunk... I didn't know."

"Sure, okay. Having sex with your ex-best friend/life ruiner? That's foul!"

"Please, stop! I already feel bad, no need to make it worse."

"Why are you calling?"

"Do you have any idea at all where Danielle went? All of her stuff is gone."

"Nope."

"What? Are you definite?"

"Yep. No idea whatsoever."

"Are you sure you're telling the truth? Hanni, this is urgent. I have to make things right!"

"You can make things right by leaving her alone."

And that was it. Hanni hung up. In frustration, Haerin threw her phone at the wall. Haerin started to cry harder now, this time she cried herself to sleep.

"You can make things right by leaving her alone."

Hanni hung up and looked at her sister who was a mess on the couch. Danielle changed into baggy clothing, had smeared mascara, and messy hair.

"Was that okay?" Hanni asked.

Danielle nodded and sniffled.

"Danielle, please. SHe really needs you. I can tell by the tone of her voice that she truly feels sorry," Hanni pleaded.

"No, Hanni. She cheated on me with the person who I despise the most. I knew Eunchae was trouble. I knew her apology was bullshit. Haerin loved her from the start. It was bound to happen," Danielle sighed.

"Dani, stop! Don't you see?! She doesn't love Euncahe, she loves you!" Hanni exclaimed.

Danielle shook her head, "She might love me but I loved her. She hurt me, Hanni, in the most powerful way."

"I just- I can't believe you really packed up and left," Hanni sighed as she sat down on the same couch.

"I can't stay under the same roof as her," Danielle shrugged.

"Oh also, thanks again for coming with me. This hotel is pretty damn cool," Danielle added.

"It's no problem..." Hanni weakly said.

Hanni needs to get these two back to each other.

HANNI TO THE RESCUE. 

——

How has your day been :D SUPER PHAM TO THE RESUCEEEEEEEE! MAKE SURE TO VOTE OR IM TELLING HANNI TO MURDER YOU GUYS MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA