Chapter 5 : The First Lesson.

---

The soft hum of chatter filled the classroom as students settled into their seats, eager for the day's lesson to begin. Catherine glanced around, taking in the faces of her new classmates—each one a noble or royal, just like herself. The room was adorned with intricate woodwork, and large windows allowed the morning light to filter in, casting a warm glow across the rows of desks.

Catherine found a seat near the middle of the room, unaware of who might be joining her in this class. As she settled in, she noticed that most of the other students were already grouped with familiar faces, chatting quietly among themselves. She had no idea that Edward, whose destiny was intertwined with hers, was also in this very class. She hadn’t seen him yet, and a part of her wondered if he had been placed on a different level.

Just as Catherine began to wonder if anyone would notice her at all, the door at the front of the room creaked open. A tall, distinguished figure entered, and the room immediately quieted. The man who stood before them was none other than **Duke Alexander of Ravenswood**, one of the most respected teachers at the Royal Academy. His presence commanded attention, and the air seemed to shift with his arrival.

“Settle down, everyone,” Duke Alexander said in a calm but authoritative tone, his deep voice resonating through the room. The students quickly took their seats, and all eyes were fixed on him.

“Before we begin,” Duke Alexander continued, “I understand that we have a new student joining us today.” He looked directly at Catherine, and she felt a sudden wave of nerves wash over her.

“Would you please stand and introduce yourself to the class?”

Catherine swallowed hard, her heart pounding in her chest. She slowly rose from her seat, feeling the weight of every gaze in the room upon her. Taking a deep breath, she spoke with as much confidence as she could muster.

“I am Catherine,” she began, her voice steady but quiet. “Princess Catherine of the Royal House.”

A collective gasp echoed through the room. The students exchanged stunned glances, and the murmur of whispers filled the air. For a moment, Catherine could feel the intensity of their shock and curiosity. She knew why—they were finally meeting the princess who had been hidden away for so long, a figure of mystery who had never attended royal events or schooled at the academy like the rest of them.

Her childhood had been shrouded in secrecy, and no one could truly fathom what her life had been like. The fact that she was now standing before them, as one of their classmates, was nothing short of astonishing.

Duke Alexander gave a nod of approval and motioned for Catherine to sit down. As she did, she caught sight of a familiar face in the back of the room—Edward. He was watching her with an expression of surprise and something else she couldn’t quite place. It was then that she realized he had been there all along, quietly observing, just as shocked as the others.

The Duke cleared his throat, bringing the class’s attention back to him. “Now that we’re all acquainted,” he said, his tone returning to its usual calm authority, “let us proceed with today’s lesson.”

He walked over to a large, ornate blackboard at the front of the room and began writing in elegant, flowing script. “Magical Theory,” he said, “is not just about understanding the principles of magic, but about understanding yourself, your power, and how you can use it for the greater good.”

The room was silent as the students listened intently, their pens poised to take notes. Catherine, still reeling from the sudden attention, forced herself to focus. This was her chance to prove herself, not just as a princess, but as a student and a future leader.

---

From the Author..….....

My apologies, for making Chapter 5 come in a little late😞. I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting, my exams came in the way.

To all Ghost readers, l would sincerely love your encouragement on this work.
PLS guys, l need as much as l can get, cause this is my first ever published project.