The cafe

They met at a local café not too far from the nursery. Char often sought refuge with coffee and a book. Mia had a dark personality with hidden secrets, exuding a cold breeze and confidence that seemed to draw char in like a moth to a flame.

Almost without realizing it, their innocent "friendship" began to blur the lines of affection. Mia would tease her, lightly brushing her fingers against char's wrist, stealing glances that lingered just a heartbeat too long. Char felt her heart flutter beneath the weight of attraction - something she hadn't felt in years.

Mia had invited char out too the café as she noticed that while at work she hadn't been her usual happy self. The café was beautiful and had that strong coffee smell, but it was Mia's presence that reignited that spark in char.

They laughed and talked with a kind of ease that made the world fade away. It's like they were the only two people in the universe.

As the night went on char became open about what had been going on in her marriage when Mia said "when did it end?" Char went to say about 3 months ago when she got cut off and Mia said "when did you know" that's when char looked Mia in the eyes and with a sigh "3 years" Mia's heart broke.