Can't Take My Eyes Off You

- How much longer until we reach this artist friend's place? - Jerry asked, irritated.

- We're almost there. - Daniel replied, slightly out of breath.

- Not sure about you, but my stomach is growling...

Daniel laughed and quickened his pace. - I think it's the next house. Your stomach will be rewarded, don't worry.

- Are you sure? They all look the same... but it's a nice neighborhood. Well kept and all...

Daniel stopped in front of a huge three-story house, the entrance impeccably arranged, hinting at its grandeur.

- This is it. - Daniel said, smiling. - Ready? Just keep smiling, even if you don't understand what people are saying.

- Me? I was born ready... - Jerry replied, unenthusiastic. He tried to dress appropriately for the occasion, but from the impressive appearance of the house, he knew he would be out of place at the dinner. He was dressed in black from head to toe... black t-shirt, jeans and blazer. It matched his mood perfectly.

Daniel and Jerry heard several voices while they waited for someone to open the door

Daniel and Jerry heard several voices while they waited for someone to open the door. The atmosphere inside was already lively. In true British fashion, a butler opened the door and looked at them with a stern expression. - Yes?

- My name is Daniel Hemsworth... I'm a guest of Mr. Colin Gresham. This is my friend, Jeremy Whitaker, also a guest.

- Please wait a moment. - the butler replied, turning back into the house. After a few minutes, he returned to the door, still maintaining his dour expression. - You may come in.

Daniel and Jerry were overwhelmed by the opulence that filled the interior of the mansion. It was something they could only dream of, never experience... but at least for that day, it would be an exception.

They walked a bit through the entrance hall while waiting for the dinner host

They walked a bit through the entrance hall while waiting for the dinner host. Daniel was visibly nervous; his desire to make a good impression on the famous Colin Gresham was evident. Well, famous to some... because to Jerry, he was a complete unknown. The partitions in the mansion were enormous, and they were in the corridor separating the kitchen from the living room. Everything was exquisitely decorated in marble and silver tones, with modern and majestic chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. A gray dining table was set in the corridor. It was long, suggesting that the dinner would have many guests.