Love Me Like You Do

- I have a surprise for us... - Daniel said, excitedly as they sipped their cappuccinos at the SWEET café.

- I love surprises. - Jerry replied, though his enthusiasm was much less apparent. He hadn't seen Carol since that night, and a whole week had passed. He was growing impatient with the situation. He needed to see her again... physically, if possible. Masturbating in the shower while thinking of her was no longer enough to fill the void. He had gone to Hyde Park several times, hoping to bump into her, but she never showed. Yet, something held him back from going to look for Carol at Drayton Gardens. A mix of fear and uncertainty clouded his mind, the fear of being rejected or discovering that she didn't feel the same made him hesitate. Still, he could no longer ignore the desire burning inside him. However, he wouldn't confide his feelings to Daniel... after their last conversation, he concluded it was better to suppress his emotions for her. He didn't want to drag Daniel into his love complications.

- I scored three tickets to the BTS Hyde Park Festival this Saturday. We're going to see Vance Joy, John Newman, Ellie Goulding, and Taylor Swift!

- Awesome! Who's coming with us? - Jerry asked.

- Tessa... we've gotten closer. I think I'm going to ask her out at the festival.

- Nice! - Jerry replied, acknowledging his friend's excitement. It was amazing to be in love.

- And you? Have you finally come to terms with the fact that it's pointless to keep up any romantic fantasies about Carol?

Jerry looked at him, slightly irritated. He chose to do something he hated... lie.

 - You were right. Carol was just a fantasy in my head. I need to focus on having a blast during this holiday.

Daniel eyed him suspiciously for a moment but eventually accepted his answer. 

- Exactly, man! I'm glad you get it. Enjoy these holidays to the fullest, no worries. We've got so many fun things to do and places to explore! We're going to make some amazing memories together -  he said, trying to cheer Jerry up.

Jerry forced a smile and nodded. Deep down, he knew he still felt something special for Carol, but he didn't want to confront those feelings anymore. He'd rather avoid the situation, pretending he could leave it all behind with ease.

 He'd rather avoid the situation, pretending he could leave it all behind with ease