Unchained Melody

Jerry and Carol, wrapped in an atmosphere of curiosity and mutual interest, decided to extend the evening, in search of a deeper connection. After an enjoyable dinner, they sensed  something special between them, and driven by the desire to uncover more about each other's lives and personalities, they chose a bar to continue their conversation.

The bar, The Grenadier, was located near Hyde Park, in the affluent neighborhood of Belgravia. It had the unique feature of a ceiling covered in banknotes, due to an intriguing ghost story. Legend had it that the bar was named after Cedric, a reckless soldier who was caught cheating in a card game and beaten to death. The money hanging from the ceiling was part of a long-standing tradition where patrons contributed to pay off Cedric's debt... but it seemed he owed quite a fortune, as he was said to still haunt the place. 

The bar's ceiling, adorned with hanging money, wasn't the only thing that gave The Grenadier its unique charm

The bar's ceiling, adorned with hanging money, wasn't the only thing that gave The Grenadier its unique charm. The interior echoed its origins as an officers' mess, with military insignia and decorations adorning the walls, adding a touch of elegance to the red leather seats and wooden furniture. Nestled in a secluded spot between Green Park and Hyde Park, the bar transported its patrons to another time and place.

- Do you want a drink? It's on me. - Carol asked, lightly.

Jerry hesitated, momentarily silent, as he considered his answer. The doctor who had treated him, Ben Stone (He still remembered his name), had been very clear: mixing alcohol with Sertraline, the medication prescribed to help him cope with burnout, was not recommended. Fully aware of the risks and the importance of following medical advice, Jerry smiled gently at Carol. He knew he had to be honest with her, even if it meant turning down the shared drink. Looking into her eyes, he explained the situation sincerely.

- Thanks for the offer, but I can't drink alcohol right now. I'm taking Sertraline to deal with some personal challenges, and the doctor strongly advised against mixing it with alcohol.

Carol frowned slightly, confused. 

- What's Sertraline? - she asked.

Jerry, always patient, explained.

- Sertraline is a medication that works on the central nervous system, increasing serotonin levels, which is a neurotransmitter that plays a key role in mood regulation and emotional well-being. It's believed that many mental health conditions, like depression, are linked to chemical imbalances in the brain and Sertraline helps to correct those imbalances.

Carol blinked, looking a bit overwhelmed. 

- Can you put that in simpler terms? - she said, with a serious tone.

Jerry grinned, eager to bring some humor into the conversation. 

- Ah, Sertraline! The magical potion that tinkers with your brain and balances your mood like a maestro conducting an orchestra! Picture this... your brain, a wild laboratory of emotions, where mad scientists are constantly cooking up new chaos. Then, walks in Sertraline... the hero of the story, ready to fix all those chemical imbalances and save the day!