Chapter 4: Picking Teams

Mr. Aizawa spun the colorful wheel that had all of Class 1-A's students names on it. Everyone stared as they were twiddling their thumbs in nervousness. After spinning for a couple seconds, it slowed down, and finally landed on someone's name.

"Aoyama and..." The wheel spun again, slowing down every passing second. "Ida. Aoyama and Ida will be the first team." Mr Aizawa announced.

"Magnavique!" Aoyama yelled, in a cheerful and sparkling way.

"Let do our best!" Ida encouraged, speaking in a loud tone.

Then, Mr Aizawa spun the wheel again, everyone crossing their fingers for their friend, best teammates, or even crushes.

"Midoria and..." Aizawa spun yet again. "Uraraka. You two will be team two."

"Yay! We've got this Deku!" Uraraka smiles wide, running to Midoria. If you looked at Midoria, you could see his face turn bright red as a tomato, and if you looked very close at Uraraka's cheek, it looked a little more red then usual. Everyone knew that them two were crushing on eachother, even if they would reject it.

"Y-yeah!" Midoria stutters, trying to look away from Uraraka.

Those two are so obvious. Kaminari thinks, having a weird feeling in his stomach. Jealousy? Anger? Happiness? He wasent really sure.

"I'm gonna kill Deku." Bakugo grunts.

"You don't even know what team you're on yet?!" Kaminari harshly whispers, loud enough for him to hear.

"Like hell I care."

"Quiet down back there" Mr. Aizawa shoots a glare at Bakugo, then turns back to the wheel and spins it again.

"Kirishima and..." Kirishima's head shot up, staring at the wheel intently, as if he was waiting for it to land on a specific person. "Mina. Mina and Kirishima will be team three"

"Heyyy, Red Riot!!" Mina waved him over to where she was, on the other side of the large group of classmates.

"Hell yeah!" Kirishima yelled, doing a little cheer before running over to Mina and giving her a high five.

He seemed pretty happy about being on a team with her... Huh... Kaminari thought to himself. Why the heck is everyone acting so weird today?

"Now for the next team." Mr. Aizawa announced, still looking like his tired self.

The wheel spun again, the waiting for a couple of seconds felt like a million years had went by.

I wonder who I'll be paired up with. Yaomomo would be a big help, Bakugo is a 50/50, he has the skills but no brains, then there's Tokoyami, but last time we were paired up with something, dark shadow couldn't handle my lighting with all the light, then there's ji-

"Kaminari and..." Kaminari snapped out of it and looked up to see the wheel. "Jiro. Kaminari and Jiro will be team four."

Kaminari whipped his head to turn to Jiro, who looked back at him, with an annoyed expression on her face, but then she sighed.

"C'mere peanut brain, we don't have all day." She sighed, raising her arm and motioning him to come over to her.

He realized he was staring at her without a word. The hell is wrong with me today??

"I bet I have a bigger brain than you Earlobes!" Kaminari teased, running towards her.

"Yeah sure, Mr. Zero IQ"

"Shut up guitar girl!"

"Peanut brain"

"Earlobes!"

They bantered back and forth then laughing. She's such a weirdo. He thought, smiling.

"Alright, now for the next team." Mr. Aizawa said, shutting them up and turning towards the wheel again.

After minutes that felt like centuries, all 10 teams were decided:

Team 1: Aoyama and Ida

Team 2: Midoria and Uraraka

Team 3: Kirishima and Mina

Team 4: Kaminari and Jiro

Team 5: Ojiro and Hagakure

Team 6: Asui and Sero

Team 7: Shouji and Tokoyami

Team 8: Mineta and Yayorozu

Team 9: Kouda and Satou

Team 10: Bakugo and Todoroki

"LIKE HELL, NO WAY IM GOING ON A TEAM WITH THIS ICY HOT BASTARD" Bakugo yelled, with sparks of fire forming in him hand.

"What, do you really think I wanna be on a team with your temper Bakugo?" Todoroki said giving him a cold glare.

"THE HELL?"

"It doesn't matter. Let's just strategize about each teacher and the big 3, we don't exactly know who were going up against so-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP. IM NOT STRATEGIZING WITH A DUMBASS LIKE YOU. FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR OWN, I ONLY CARE ABOUT WINNING." Bakugo barked, turning away and walking towards the exit door.

This is gonna be hell. Todoroki thought, as he walked after Bakugo.

"Poor Todoroki." Midoria said. "It's gonna be hard to communicate with Kacchan."

"It's hard for anyone to communicate with Bakugo without getting a yelling too." Kaminari added, standing behind Midoria.

"Well, I doubt that their gonna fail though." Jiro said. "They both have one of the best quirks in the class after all, this is probably gonna be super easy for them."

"That might be true" Midoria said. "But, their communication towards eachother could also cause them to fail. Power isn't everything."

"I bet Bakugo is gonna ignore Todoroki the whole time, while Todoroki tries to get his attention. Geez." Kaminari added.

"Well, let not worry to much about them right now!" Uraraka interrupted, trying to change the subject. "We should probably head outside and watch Aoyama and Ida's exam."

"Isn't there a 10 minute limit for each team?" Jiro asked. "He never told us but that was how it was last time, right?"

"Don't even mention the last exam" Kaminari groaned. "I swear, I could've died in that exam."

"Maybe because you were too peanut brain to figure out how to handcuff Principal. Nezu."

"Stop with the peanut brain!"

"But it's pretty accurate on the size of your brain though?"

"No! It's not!"

Jiro giggled, which made Kaminari's stomach do a weird flip. The heck was that? He thought

"Alright guys, Let's head out!" Uraraka yelled, catching their attention.

"We're coming!" Jiro yelled.

She grabbed Kaminari's wrist and dragged him to the exit door.

"Let's go, Peanut brain!"