Chapter 5: Team 1

Outside, all of Class 1-A were surrounding and watching a couple monitors that were capturing Ida and Aoyama from the inside. On another monitor, there was the teacher Cementoss. He had his hand on the ground, looking like he was getting ready to use his quirk.

"He must've been the one who created all of the stone towers," Kirishima realized. "I guess he can use his quirk pretty quickly, not very surprising since he's one of the teachers."

"I wonder if Ida and Aoyama are a good pair though" Kaminari adds. "One had speed, the other has a belly laser."

"It all depends on Mr. Cementoss," Momo exclaims. "He has more of a defensive quirk, which also can extend long distance, that also means he may have a weakness when it comes to close combat."

"I bet Ida has figured that out by now," Midoria says "They just need to get close enough to rip the red headband tied around his head, there shouldn't be any combat involv-"

"But wait, don't they have some sort of set back or something?" Kaminari interrupts. "Like something that makes it a little more difficult?"

"Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about that!" Mina yells, with a bit of concern in he voice.

"Yeah, their setback is they can't damage Mr. Cementoss's attacks," Mr. Aizawa interrupts, surprising everyone. "As you know, Mr. Cementoss's attacks are usually stone walls that are at least 10 feet high, maybe even larger than that."

"What?! Then how the hel-"

"Ida can just dodge moron." Jiro interrupts Kaminari. "He can probably carry Aoyama on his back in the process. He's done it so many times that it's predictable. Plus, Mr. Cementoss might be quick with his quirk but he's definitely not as quick as Ida."

Everyone's eyes widen at her response, including Bakugo. "Shes kinda badass" He thinks.

"I- I knew that! I was just- acting like I didn't!" Kaminari protests.

"Yeah, sure, peanut brain." Jiro sticks her tounge out.

"Whatever, Earlobes!" Kaminari yells.

Jiro just giggles, making Kaminari's stomach do another flip, this time, he tries ignoring it.

"Their starting guys!" Mina yells, making everyone's head's turn to face the monitor where Ida and Aoyama were.

The 10 minute timer started counting down, which meant it was time for Ida and Aoyama to start.

"You remember what we discussed, right, Aoyama?" Ida asked in reassurance.

"Indeed I do!" Aoyama yells, looking a little nervous yet yelling in excitement.

Ida crouched down to his knees, then raising his arms behind his back, which seemed like he was getting ready for a piggyback race. Aoyama jumped onto his back, latching on tightly. Ida took his arms and wrapped his arms around Aoyama's legs, to make sure he was secured onto his back. As he was getting in a running position, on the other side was Cementoss, and he was kneeling with both hands placed on the ground, getting ready for Ida and Aoyama. Ida took a deep breath, nodded to Aoyama (which was behind him) and started running with lightning speed.

"Wow, look at Ida go!" Uraraka yelled, watching the monitor.

"Yeah, he's running so fast I can barley even see him!" Midoria said, excitingly pulling out his notebook and writing something down.

Cementoss immediately started creating multiple stone walls, which then started speeding towards Ida. Ida swiftly dodged them as they started flying towards him.

"The gym is about 220 feet long and 120 feet wide," Ida claims, "We have ran about 40 feet in these past 10 seconds, we just have to dodge this for a couple more seconds and when we get a bit closer I'll use my recipro burst technique to grab the headband in a flash. If that doesn't work, you know what to do Aoyama."

Cementoss then created a stone looking hurdle and slid it towards Ida and Aoyama at a rapid pace, which Ida had jumped over immediately last second.

"Damn that was quick!" Karishma yells, still watching the monitor.

Ida and Aoyama had finally gotten closer to Cementoss, only a couple feet away now.

"We're getting close!" Ida yells.

Then suddenly, Cementoss creates a larger wall, but not like the others. This wall was 10 times taller and wider, it looked like a huge wave of water about to hit a surfer.

"Aoyama, do it now!" Ida demands, in a very loud tone.

Then in the blink of an eye, Aoyama flips to the other side of Ideas back, and blasts his navel laser at a certain angle of the ground, which blasts both Ida and Aoyama upwards, without damaging the wall infront of them.

"That was impressive!" Asui says in surprise.

Ida jumps over the wall, as Aoyama goes back to latching onto his back. As they are still in the air, Ida starts the engines in his calves again, this time, much more steam and fire came out of his engine. In a blink of an eye, Ida was on the ground again, but holding a red headband in his hand, while being next to Cementoss.

"They...They did it!" Midoria yelled, while the rest of the class cheered.

"Good job, Aoyama!" Ida said, standing to wait for his engines to stop stalling.

"You too!" Aoyama smiles, "We make the sparkle in a sparkly team!"

"You kids did a pretty good job," Cementoss congratulated, "You definitely suprised me."

Ida and Aoyama walked out of the gym too see their loud and congratulating classmates.

"You were so good out there you two!" Mina yelled.

"Yeah, especially you Ida! You dodged those obstacles as if they were nothin!" Kirishima praised.

"Good job!" Uraraka and Midoria said in sync.

"Thank you all!" Ida said, "I give encouragement to both Midoria and Uraraka as they go against the next teachers!"

"Yeah, we've got this Deku!" Uraraka cheered, giving a bright smile.

"Yeah!" Deku blushed, covering his face with one hand and pumping one fist in the air with the other.