𝟢𝟣𝟤. 𝖺 𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗌

𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒     !𝘴𝘭𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘴 𝟢𝟣𝟤

𝘴𝘭𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘴
𝟢𝟣𝟤. 𝖺 𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗌
narrative

‏‏‎ ‎

‏‏‎ ‎

‏‏‎ ‎

‏‏‎ ‎𖦹 ׂ 𓈒 🐇 / ⋆ ۪

THE WALLS OF HOGWARTS seem narrower tonight, shadows deeper and more suffocating as yn walks through the familiar stone hallways, her mind thick with doubt. the flickering light from the torches does little to offer comfort as her thoughts grow louder, each one rooted in draco's warning. his voice echoes in her mind, firm but laced with a concern she hasn't been able to ignore.

"mattheo isn't who you think he is, yn. he's dangerous. reckless."

draco's protective tone had unsettled her, and it gnawed at her. why had draco, of all people, taken it upon himself to intervene? he was usually dismissive of her choices, distant in his attempts at guidance. yet, there was a desperation in his warning this time, a note of vulnerability she hadn't seen from him before.

yn pauses by one of the tall, arching windows overlooking the moonlit grounds. the soft light casts a pale glow on her face, but it does little to soothe the storm raging within her. her hand grips the cold stone of the window's edge, grounding herself against the tumult of emotions swirling in her chest.

she knows mattheo's reputation - the dangerous allure, the bad boy demeanor that drew people to him like moths to a flame. she's witnessed it countless times, the way others either feared or admired him, the way he effortlessly commanded attention. but she's also seen more. she's seen the way his smile falters when he thinks no one is looking, how his eyes darken with something more than anger when he's alone. she's caught glimpses of the vulnerability he keeps locked away, glimpses that make her doubt draco's words.

but doubt creeps in nonetheless.

her mind drifts to the almost kisses, the stolen moments where mattheo had leaned in close, his breath mingling with hers, only for something to interrupt - her nerves, the walls they both had built, or the world around them pulling them apart. each time they'd come so close, the tension between them palpable, but never quite enough to push them over the edge.

"i don't want to see you get hurt." draco's voice echoes once again, sharp and clear in the quiet of the castle.

she clenches her fists, torn between the heat of those moments and the icy caution that draco's warning has instilled in her. how much of mattheo's charm was real? how much of it was a mask?

as she turns to leave, yn nearly collides with someone.

the hallway seems to constrict around her as she finds herself face to face with mattheo. his dark eyes immediately latch onto hers, a familiar glint of mischief in them, but there's something heavier lurking beneath the surface tonight.