003. the sunshine of the group

𖦹 ׂ 𓈒 🐇 / ⋆ ۪

── .✦ THE FOLLOWING DAYS at hogwarts felt like a blur to yn. between trying to navigate the slytherin social dynamics, the constant watchful eyes of mattheo, and the weight of her own background and secrets, she found herself craving a break from the tension. one morning, as she entered the great hall for breakfast, the familiar rush of whispers followed her. her movements had become guarded, her shoulders tensed as if preparing for battle, though she wished she didn't have to feel that way every time she walked into a room.

but today would be different.

as yn sat down at the slytherin table, preparing for another quiet, isolated breakfast, a burst of laughter echoed from across the hall. moments later, a warm voice cut through her solitude. "well, well, if it isn't our resident mystery girl."

she looked up to see lorenzo berkshire, the boy everyone seemed to adore but no one quite understood, sliding into the seat across from her. his tousled brown hair fell lazily into his hazel eyes, which sparkled with mischief. there was something effortlessly charming about him - the way his grin tugged at the corners of his mouth, the relaxed way he held himself, as if the world were just a grand joke, and he was always in on it.

yn blinked, taken aback by the sudden invasion of her personal space. "hi?"
"is that a question or a greeting?" lorenzo teased, leaning forward on the table. "you've been here for a week now, and you've got this whole brooding thing going on. what's the plan? slowly take over hogwarts from the shadows?"
yn smirked, amused despite herself. "maybe. do i look that suspicious?"

lorenzo tapped his chin thoughtfully, his eyes twinkling. "suspicious? definitely. with the serious face, the mysterious backstory, and the fact that you haven't smiled once at breakfast? you're basically slytherin royalty in the making."
"well, i'm not plotting anything, if that's what you're worried about." yn shook her head, feeling her nerves unwind slightly in lorenzo's easygoing presence.

"pity." lorenzo leaned back, dramatically disappointed. "i was hoping for something a little more sinister. maybe you're just waiting for the perfect moment."
yn laughed, a real, genuine laugh that surprised even her. it felt good. "you caught me. potions is definitely where i'm planning my evil schemes."

lorenzo's eyes widened in mock horror. "i knew it! it's always the quiet ones. potions, of all things - making secret concoctions, planning takeovers."
"please, i can barely get through class without snape breathing down my neck. no time for evil plans." yn countered, grinning now. lorenzo clapped his hands together. "ah, so defense against the dark arts then. saving the world, one spell at a time?"
yn rolled her eyes but couldn't help but laugh again. "something like that."

the conversation flowed easily after that. lorenzo's presence was like a breath of fresh air - no pressure, no judgment, just pure, unfiltered lightheartedness. he had a knack for drawing her out of her shell, making her forget, even if just for a moment, the intensity of everything else going on around her.