𝐎 𝐍 𝐄 ᪥ @lorna_32 ✓

• ° •

𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 - 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 - 𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐅

𝐓𝐇𝐄 road was deserted for miles. She took me, the one I believed to be the love of my life, far and wide across plain fields. Stretches of barley tainted light, warm, trance-like colours. We were magical, swiftly speeding along in the soft wind. It was golden hour, the sun low in the sky.

In one hand, I held a diet coke in a glass bottle loosely, and in my other, her fingers bit into my palm, her sunglasses beaming reflective light across the already shining car.

We sped fast, not a care in the world, flying fast past stop signs like they were nothing. They were only flashes of ominous red, foreboding on what was of our nearing future.

I closed my eyes, reveling the sun's kiss, the touch of her hand, her skin against mine. Breathing came fluidly with her. She was my everything. She made me feel free. And I treasured that, like coveting a flame in harsh winds.

Eventually, we arrived at her destination. The drugs we were on stole the pressure of thinking, and I trusted her instincts.

A salty breeze hit tangy on my tongue, and I swiped it over my teeth, smiling. Nothing could go wrong when she was with me.

"I'm tired." She whispered, her mouth right next to my ear. A giggle escaped, like we had some secret only we could knew.

"Me too." I sighed happily, watching the sun set over the horizon. It was staining the vast sky a heaving orange, now.

"Don't you wonder?" She turned to me, dancing on the balls of her feet. I watch.

"Wonder, what?" I asked.

"What's at the bottom of these cliffs, of course!" She says, slapping a joyous hand over her mouth, disguising a wide smile. Her gaze are bright, flickering emotion over the fierce blue ocean behind her.

The sky is slowly plunging a blood-like red. It reminds me of those warning stop signs we saw on the way here.

"Not really. What do you think is down there, my love?" I murmured, and she grinned, tucking a lock of wild hair behind my ear.

"Wonderful things. Wonderful, wonderful things. We should look."

She looks so beautiful with her creased eyes and easy smile I could never say no. "Why, let's."

Her hand ended up in mine, and I followed her down the cliff, further and further. The path became so steep I felt tipsy looking down at the water, hundreds of feet below.

The ridges were multicoloured, streaks of black and grey tinged red by the almost gone sun. It was retreating. Maybe it was disappointed in us, and it's leaving. It had gone to hide.

Those cliffs also had brilliant white stripes that led down, down to the furious waves crashing against the rocks.

I tapped her shoulder, and she looks at me. I didn't feel fear, not with her. Her eyes were the most breath-taking colour. The next words that tumbled out of her mouth render me in laughable horror. "Shall we jump?"

I swallowed. And I nodded. I trusted her. She was free, and she was happy. Things were easier with her. They were better.

And so, her hand clasped tightly in mine, we bent our knees and threw ourselves into the abyss, the gulls shrieking bloody murder.

I felt breathless, my hair whipped behind me. Falling is the most light feeling. The sun is completely gone, fearful for our decisions, and has left a melding red black sky, twisting and angry.

My eyes caught the whitened streaks of the cliffs. They looked rather like lightning.

It all happened so fast. She taught me how to be free. She knew how to go like the back of her hand. But she never knew how to stop.

• ° •

𝐂 𝐑 𝐄 𝐃 𝐈 𝐓 𝐒 - lorna_32 (aka yours truly)

💌