Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Everything has a beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amelia is sitting comfortably in her room and reading a book when she hears her "father" being called to an operation and then leaving the house. Her overexcited brother follows him a short time later, after he has probably listened to the radio, and makes his way to his friend Scott. Together they will certainly do something stupid again.

"Idiot," she murmurs and rolls her eyes.

"Hey, I'm not an idiot!" Stiles shouts loudly, but Amelia just shrugs her shoulders.

A short time later, a knock on Amelia's window was heard, so she goes to see who it was. She opens it and sees Derek Hale standing there. The man who is a brother to them in every way, except in blood.

"Der-bear?" she asks with a smile, something she didn't do often, and lets him in.

"Hi Milli. Nice to see you again," he smiles at his sister and they hug.

"It's also nice to see you again, but what are you doing in the city?" she asks him, but then she sees his sad look and her smile disappears immediately. "Who died?" she asks.

"Milli....". Derek tries to say, but doesn't get far.

"Who died, Derek?" the girl asks in a stern voice and crosses her arms.

"It's Laura. Laura is dead," he murmurs and looks at the floor, but she still hears him clearly.

The moment Amelia hears this, her body stiffens and she immediately turns in the direction of the person in question. Laura gets up from her seat, goes to her little sister and hugs her.

Amelia notices the smell of guilt, pain and grief in the air and also that it comes from Peter. When she turns to the person in question, she sees his niece squeezing his hand and he himself has tears in his eyes.

When Amelia hears this, she is in shock: her best friend, her sister, the girl who showed her how to put on make-up with her mother, the one with whom she could talk about everything, the girl who secretly taught her to drive at night, the girl who held her when she cried and one of the few people with whom she, was allowed to be herself, was now dead.

The girl quickly blinks away the tears, runs her fingers over her face and lets her become emotionless. She turns to Derek and asks in an emotionless voice, "Do you know who killed her?"

"No, not yet, but I'll find out." Derek replies, worrying about his little sister that if she pushes all her emotions aside now, she'll break down later.

"Okay good. I'm in." she said immediately.

Derek immediately shook his head and answered, "No. Forget it. I've already lost a sister. I won't lose the second."