Chapter 6

Chapter 6: The Tell

Chapter 6: The Tell

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amelia has promised Lydia to spend the evening with her, unfortunately that also means with Jackson and so the three of them are now sitting in his Porsche in front of the video store and discussing which movie they will see.

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever, it's the best sports movie ever made." Jackson argues.

"No." Lydia says clearly and smiles.

"I agree with Lydia. No. Not a sports movie." says Amelia with a smile

"It got's Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper." Jackson adds.

Amelia and Lydia look at each other briefly and then answer in chorus: "No."

Lydia. Amelia. I swear to God you're gonna like it..", he begins desperately.

"No." says the strawberry blonde and makes Jackson freak out.

"I am not watching 'The Notebook' again." he says firmly, but when Lydia turns her head slightly and Amelia stretches hers forward and they both flutter their eyelashes, he has already lost and gets out.

The girls look at each other, smiling. They know that together they always win. Each one is already strong individually, but no one can stand against her together.

"Is that always the case with the two of you?" asks Alec with a raised eyebrow, whereupon the two think for a moment and then answer in chorus: "Yes."

Anyone who knows the duo knows that they always get their way together.

Amelia waits for a moment and then starts laughing at the top of her lungs. "It's always a pleasure to see how you impose your will on him." says Amelia and wipes away the tears that came to her when she laughed.

"Well, I just know how to deal with him. Besides, you have now made him do the same," says the queen bee confidently.

"I'm going to check on him and make sure he really gets the right movie." Amelia says to her best friend with a smile and also goes to the video store.

"So hard to find the movie, Jacks?" Amelia asks him, but then she gets a queasy feeling when she realizes that no one is there except her and Jackson and no one answers the phone.

"You got to be kidding me." Jackson says annoyed and looks around.

Amelia follows him and both see a few feet lying out of a row. Jackson wants to go further, but Amelia holds him for a moment. "We'd better go, I think." she says to him, but he pulls his arm away and walks on and the girl goes with him.