27.

Chapter 27: Loving at the party.

As Alaya exited the car, she looked at Nathan with her nervous face.

She didn't know what to do now. Was she supposed to hold his arms?

But he made her not think much and held her palms securely in his hold.

"So. Is your father also attending?" Alaya asked.

He nodded.

"You are free to yap." He replied and handed his keys to the valet. This was too out of the pocket utterance.

"I don't yap okay?" She replied and rolled her eyes.

"If you don't like me talking, then just say it." She said with a sulky face.

Nathan chuckled.

"You are saying as if I talk with your tongue. As if I have asked you to lend me your tongue so I can talk, as if i-" she stopped in the middle of her not-a-yapping session, as she heard him mutter,

"Someone was saying that they don't yap."

She looked at him with a angry glare and pulled away her wrists.

"Fuck you." She cursed and walked inside without even knowing where to go, she just knew that she was angry at him.

Nathan rolled his eyes playfully and was smiling until his gaze fell on the guards looking at him.

He pulled on a poker face and followed her inside.

He saw Alaya standing near the entrance while leaning her back on the wall and her hands crossed on her chest.

She looked at him with her still sulky face.

He smiled faintly and walked to her.

"Why are you getting mad?" He asked.

"Tell him that I'm with you." She replied, ignoring his question.

He looked at the guard in question.

"I thought she was lying." The guard spoke.

Nathan nodded in no.

"She's with me." Nathan replied.

Alaya rolled her eyes meanwhile.

"Come on." Nathan said and forwarded his hands.

She made a pouty face and held his hands.

"I'll cajule you later." He spoke.

She didn't reply neither did she look at him.

He wasn't mad at her for being mad at him. He was actually loving it, the feeling of having someone acting natural with him, having someone who he could talk to as much as he wants because she'd always be the one with the most talks at the end.

"If you won't then i'll throw stones at your window in the night, at 2am." She said in a threatening tone but the irony was that she was slowly snuggling closer to him, making him feel so warm and cozy with her.

"We're at a party. If you'll act like this then I don't know if I can stop myself from throwing you over my shoulders." He said.

"Don't talk like you can control me.'' She replied in a drowsy tone but didn't move away. She only moved her face from his chest to his biceps.

His heart churned in contentment. She made him so happy in just a little time.

"Hello." Nathan said to his uncle, George.

"Happy birthday." Nathan said. He didn't want to act so nice to him but it was important. There were alot of influential people standing in the same room as him and he had to make a good impression on every one of them.