Chapter-4

Saathvik's Point of View:

This awkward situation is preplanned by my friends. I want to talk to her but isn't it a bit awkward, we're sitting so close and still not talking to each other. Silence is killing me when she's near. I want to have a peaceful, heartfelt conversation. How to approach her? From what shall I start? Shall I ask about her classes? Or hostels? Or about the guy whom she beat in the morning? My amazing thoughts were interrupted by her as she spoke in a soothing voice, not going to say that her voice sounds like music or melodious but it sounded a bit calm as she said,
'Hi Sir'
Oh, this sir is still being used by her. Even now she can't call me by my name. She's formal so I will also be formal.
'Hi Sanskriti, Ungaluku college laam pudichiruka?' (Do you like the college?)
I started talking in Tamil as I wanted to listen to her speak in Tamil.
'College vera level ah iruku'
(The college is too good)
Thank god she's speaking well, I thought she'll speak to me without any interest.

She continued,
'The classes are too good. Thank you!'
'Thank you?' I asked.
'Aama, neenga ila na enaku indha course ah pathiye therinjirukkadhu la'
(Yes, if you weren't there then I wouldn't have known about this course)

Why is she so nice? Everytime we take this topic, she thanks me. It's purely based on her curiosity and her love to serve so I replied,
'Ellamey unga interest dhan ga'
(It's all your interest).

Vijay's Point of View:

They're quite comfortable talking to each other. We can hear them but can't understand their words. So I asked,
'Are they speaking in Tamil?'
'Yes' said Neha
I asked,
'Does she know Tamil?'
To which Neha said,
'Isn't it evident? Don't be too dumb'.
I'm so curious to know what they're talking about. How can I find out what they're talking about?
After thinking deeply, I texted Vinay to come to the cafe. As he's also from Tamil Nadu, he will help us in understanding their conversation.

Kriti's Point of View:

When everybody left while making lame excuses, I was a bit relieved as I can finally talk to him, regarding the course, classes and notes. After all, it was him who helped me get into this college, it was him who contacted the admin office to know about vacancies. I can't thank him enough because he helped me, a stranger. Despite having each other's contact numbers we're still strangers to each other.
This silence between us awkward, let me talk to him.
As always I addressed him with 'sir' while he was still formal.
I don't know why he's so formal, does he respect me that much?
I've always had the urge to tell him to talk in an informal manner, but never said that.
As he said,
'Unga interest dhan ga ellamey'
I just smiled at him.

Vaishnavi's Point of View:

Despite being a Malayali, who understands a bit of Tamil, I was unable to understand even a bit of their conversation. They're speaking so fast. She's addressing him as 'sir' like, literally sir? She could call him senior or anna but no she called him sir. She's suddenly smiling at him. Like really? What is happening here?
No wonder his friends are shipping them. They do feel something for each other. They look adorable.
Their conversation was interrupted by a long haired guy as he jumped like a monkey and sat in front of them while showing off all his 32 teeth.

Saathvik's Point of View:

My heart did skip a beat while she smiled at me. I guess she doesn't know what to say, but she's ready to talk to me. So, let me talk more to her.
'By the w....'
'my sentence was interrupted by a monkey who made noise while jumping. As I thought of introducing him to her,'
He said,
'Dei Vittutu saapudradhu mattum illama, oru ponnu kooda ivalo pakkathula okkandhu iruka.Un aalu dhana iva?'
(Hey, you're not only eating without me but you didn't even tell me that you have a girlfriend. You're so close to each other).
'Dei Vinay apdi laam il....'
(Hey Vinay it's not what y....)

'Don't you dare to complete your sentence Vicky , moonji thakkali maari sevandhurukku'
(Your face is as red as a tomato)

As he started talking about us, I told,
'Venam da'
(This isn't needed)
'Ada poda, ivalukku enna Tamil theriyava pogudhu. Nee un kaadhal kadhaiya sollu'
(Stop it man, she wouldn't know Tamil. You tell me about your love story)
after saying this Vinay looked at her face clearly and said,
'Iva dhan iniku en classmate ah pottu adicha. Ivala epdi da unaku pudikudhu?'
(She was the one who beat the shit out of my classmate. How can you like her?)

He's crossing his limits. I must stop him before she loses her cool.
I said, 'Vaaya moodu da'
(Shut your mouth)

But he wasn't ready to shut his mouth.
'Vicky nee vaaya moodu. Indha maari ponnunga laam romba danger uh. Iva kitta careful ah oru. Iva nallava maari therila. En classmate ah adichapa naane ivala adichirupen aana....'
(Vicky you shut your mouth. Girls like her are very dangerous. You must be careful with her. She doesn't look like a good person. When she beat up my classmate I would have beat her but...)
She already lost her cool. But remained silent as Saathvik was there. But enough is enough!
'Inu oru vaartha pesuna naa canteen la irukom nu kooda pakamaten unna seruppalaye adippen, edho nee sir ku therinjavan nu dhan na onum sollala. Ivar mattum inga ila na unna kandipa adichirupen'
(Don't you dare to speak another word. If you open your mouth then I won't care that we are in the canteen, I wanted beat you with my chappal but you're a known person to sir and that's why I was silent. If he wasn't here then you would have gotten a tight slap on your cheek).

Shit! She lost her cool. To be honest, even I lost my cool when he spoke ill about her before I could scold him the situation went out of my control.
I don't know what is currently running in her mind.
She interrupted my thoughts by saying,
'Sorry sir. I behaved rudely in front of you. Naa kelamburen(Let me take your leave) If you've anything to say, you can text me.

With that she left making me feel ashamed of having Vinay as my brother.

__________________________________

End of chapter-4

Another long chapter!

The next chapter will be posted on or before Wednesday.

Keep reading!☺️