Chapter - 7

Riya's Point of View:

I think this guy is so high on love. Now I must go and talk to Kriti but she's not a person who opens up, I must first talk to Vaishu and let her talk to Kriti, only then Neha and I can go talk to her.
So, I called Vaishu and Neha to the mess and narrated to them the whole story that happened that day. Vaishu didn't have any idea as Kriti told her nothing.

'She was fine till the break as I went to the cafe and came back just to see a pale Kriti, she looked so sad as if she lost something precious. When I asked her what happened, she shrugged it off and said that she was having a severe headache.
'Actually, Vicky came to your class in the break, he wanted to have a word with Kriti, and he even told Vinay to apologize to her,' said Neha.
'Something is fishy. We don't know the whole story, Let me call Vicky and we'll ask him,' said Riya.

They made a call to Vicky and questioned him about what happened in the break he told them about Sasha's behaviour, but before he could inquire why she wanted to know this, she cut the call as she replied,
'Okay,' to him.

'Why do I feel like this is because of Sasha hugging Vicky? Was she jealous? He even said that he warned Sasha but Kriti wasn't there when he warned her. Is Kriti crushing on him?', as Neha completed this sentence,

Vaishu clarified her doubt by saying,
'This isn't possible. Kriti doesn't have a crush on him but she does have a soft corner for him. Now, I'll go and talk to her about this,' as Vaishu said this, she bid us bye and went to her and Kriti's room.

Kriti's Point of View:

I was sitting on my bed while preparing for the seminar and suddenly Vaishu came into the room while questioning,
'Did you meet him? Did you talk to him?',
As she bombarded me with questions, I told her that I had some work. I even gave her extra information as I told her the fact that he texted that he wanted to meet me but I didn't go.

'What work?', asked a curious Vaishu. I just looked at her with a poker face and she just sighed while staring at me.
' You're ignoring him. Aren't you?', as she asked this, I was able to feel my throat becoming arid. I didn't expect her to find this out.
'No',  I replied in a stern voice while she said that she wasn't too dumb and she knew that I was ignoring him because he was hugging Sasha.

I wonder how she found out the whole scenario.
She continued,
'You're having a soft corner for him. He is an exception. I'm sure that you like him,' my expression changed upon hearing this, I frowned eyebrows as I said,
'You're getting the whole damn thing wrong. I respect him. You're thinking too much,'
'If I'm thinking too much, just make a call to him and talk to him. Prove me wrong,' she provoked me while saying this.

I went silent for a few minutes, she's surely good at provoking as I took my phone and dialled his number to prove to her that he wasn't my crush.
He took the call within 1 ring, it was as if he was just waiting for my call.

As I started the conversation, I could see Vaishu sheepishly smirking at me.
'Hello Sir',
'Hello, sollunga Sanskriti'
(Hello, tell me Sanskriti)
he said with eagerness visible in his voice.

Why can't he address me informally? He is always formal.
I shrugged off my thoughts as he repeated the same sentence.
'Edho pesanum nu soningale sir',
(You told me that you need to talk about something sir),

'Yes, I'm sorry' he apologized while I wondered why he was apologizing.
'Edhukku sir?', I asked him and his reply did make me laugh a bit.
(Why sir?)

'Naa edho thappu paniruken nu theridhu but adhu enna nu dhan theriyala. Adhu enna thappa irundhalum enna mannichudunga.I'm sorry.'
(I made some mistakes but I can't figure them out. Please forgive me for whatever I did).
Before I could reply he continued,
'I can't figure my mistake out but, as per my guess it's because of that guy who spoke bad about you. But I don't know if it is the only mistake as you are avoiding me and I can feel that from your text messages, I think that I've messed up. You aren't the way you were. I've my eyes on you and I can observe that something has gotten into you. What happened? Why do....,'
He kept on talking and I had to stop him,

'Are you an overthinker?', it wasn't me who asked this question but my curiosity, I wondered how he noticed that something had actually gotten into my head,  as I asked this he questioned why. So I replied,
'You overthink a lot. I didn't meet you because I had some work and I'm completely normal. You're worrying too much. Just calm down sir. I'm sorry for not meeting you today but we'll surely meet tomorrow.'
'Tomorrow is a holiday. Will you come out of the hostel?',
'Of course sir. When and where shall we meet? ,'
I asked as I gave him the liberty to select the time and place.
'We'll meet at the University's cafe as I'm not sure if they'll permit first-year students out of the campus. Will see you at 11 in the morning'.

'Okay. Bye, Sir',
'Bye, Sanskriti. Good night,'

With that, I hung up the call and saw Vaishu with her lips curving into a small, sheepish smile.
I just glared at her before going out of the room.

__________________________________

End of Chapter -7

The next chapter will be posted on or before Monday.

This chapter would've been quite boring. I'll make sure that the next chapter will be interesting.
This is the first story I've written on Wattpad.
I'm still a beginner who is open to suggestions so feel free to share your thoughts.

Keep reading and keep supporting the story.

Follow @canthisbecalledasa_lovestory on Instagram for more updates on the story.

Thank you!